"If you knew someone was being cheated on, would you tell them?"

PsychGirly

OMG, are you serious?

What happened next?

I mean, if they broke up, it's possible that you saved this woman's life.

Yes... She stayed with him due to his physical threats and his money. The only reason I told her was because she came to me crying for the truth since I knew about all his lovers. The cops said it was my word against his due to no witness even though I had defensive wounds on my hands when I wrestled the knife away from him. Now my rule is to stay clear of this issue no matter how much they beg.

There is no good reason to turn your back on the truth. Dis-honesty and selfishness is a disease that should not be ignored.

Yes I would tell them. As far as someone coming after me because of it. My father taught me "If a bully is walking down the street you don't cross to the other side because of fear of what might happen, and if you do get beat up you simply round up some of your friends and put him in the hospital"

Honesty and integrity are hard, that is why the people that have the most are so well respected.

lost

Yes... She stayed with him due to his physical threats and his money. The only reason I told her was because she came to me crying for the truth since I knew about all his lovers. The cops said it was my word against his due to no witness even though I had defensive wounds on my hands when I wrestled the knife away from him. Now my rule is to stay clear of this issue no matter how much they beg.

What, did they think it was stigmata?!

Nightmare.

I hope they at least granted you a restraining order.

Also, it is INSANE that she stayed with that man, truly insane.

1 *If you knew someone was being cheated on, would you tell them?

2 *If you didn't tell them, would you feel bad just knowing about it?

3 *What would you do about it?

1 which person do I know (and am friends with- otherwise I don't care) the cheater or the one that is being cheated on?

a- If I know the cheater only I wouldn't say a thing.

b- If I know the person being cheated on only, I would tell them.

c- If I know both parties, I would first confront the cheater and tell him it's wrong, fess up, stop it or break up. If the cheater didn't confess and didn't do anything about it I would tell the other.

2 a- nope, becasue I do believe that either way finding out or not, the truth will make it's way out and at that point my only business is my friend not the interests of other party.

b and c- NA

3 Honestly I care about those closest to me, so I don't really care too much about folks who I'm not tight with. So my loyalty remains to my closest friends first. I do not tell their secrets but I will tell other people business if it relates to those whom I'm closest with. It is purely a loyalty thing.

I'm involved in this situation, and I wish I'd kept my mouth shut. My ex had an affair, and would every now and again in one way or another use it to hurt me. The last time she did it I saw red, and decided to spill the beans, which also included letting the guys brothers wife know (he had cheated on her too at the same time).

At the time I was blinded by my anger and pain, and allowed myself to be goaded into doing something that could hurt a lot of people. I feel like absolute scum, but I just couldn't take the smugness of being constantly punished for something she'd done wrong. Now she's threatening to ruin my life, and I'm guessing this is only the beginning.

I'm feeling really bad about this now. I may have screwed up so many lives because I lost my temper. I should have just dismissed the games that were being played, but I got so sick of constantly being made to feel bad for something that somebody else did, that I lost all sight of what was right. I hate myself for it, but I was just hurt and angry beyond belief.

I feel it would be none of my business.

If the cheater was my friend I would tell them that i know and ask them why they are doing it and give them advice and tell them they need to make a decision because its unfair on their partner.

If my friend was being cheated on id still probably let the cheater know i know and see what happens.

Also, things arent always as they seem so dont be hasty and jump to conclusions. Is there any chance what you saw could have been misunderstood? (eg the "cheater" might have been hit on and pushed the other person away.)

Your friends need guidance. do you really want to be the one to break their heart? just be there for them when they find out because it wont stay secret forever trust me.

Hope this helps

In my experience most people that say they wouldn't say anything have never been cheated on. That or they are more loyal to the cheater than the one being cheated on.

Yes, absolutely I would. Another person's health is at risk and I am not one to simply sit back and not get involved.

I look at it this way: if it were happening to me, I would want to know. I simply treat others the way I wanted to be treated.

In my experience most people that say they wouldn't say anything have never been cheated on. That or they are more loyal to the cheater than the one being cheated on.

Yes, absolutely I would. Another person's health is at risk and I am not one to simply sit back and not get involved.

I look at it this way: if it were happening to me, I would want to know. I simply treat others the way I wanted to be treated.

I've been cheated on and I still wouldn't tell since if you read my prior post you'd see that the cheater can try to kill you for snitching on them.

I've been cheated on and I still wouldn't tell since if you read my prior post you'd see that the cheater can try to kill you for snitching on them.

I think you would have to admit that is an extreme circumstance.

They could kill you just to get you out of the way so they could be with the person you are with.

Archived