Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year and a half, close to two years now. And in the begginning, like all others, it was perfect since we were so much in love. We made alot of promises, talked about the future, were like each other's best friends we never thought we could have. But a couple months ago, in the beginning of the year changes started happening to him. He began changing. We hadn't saw each other in two weeks, mainly since he had to visit his family up in Wisconsin for Christmas, but whenever he returned he turned colder and then suddenly broke up with me, telling me that he no longer felt the same and that he doesnt want to get back together.

Hahaha, two weeks later he did come back like a sad little puppy with his tail between his legs. And yes I took him back, a decision I regret deeply. But only because I thought he had changed, but boy was I wrong. Sure, for the first couple weeks everything was normal, but we grew distant and he stopped calling frequently.

Two months later here I am, sick with the flu, so I had to miss a couple days of seeing him so I could get better, but man did I miss him and really want to talk to him. And the final day where I actually started to feel better I get a phone call from him. He was really quiet while I was telling him how sick I felt and how much I wish I could be in his arms, but then he finally let it all out.

"I think we should break up...I kinda...met someone else..." It hit me like a ton of bricks. The sickness returned and I felt like throwing up, but instead of crying and pleading I did the most sensible thing I could think of and started asking questions calmly and rationally about who it was. He said they met earlier that day and he also said that the girl told him that she really liked him alot but he forgot her name. And I asked him if he even told her that he still had a girlfriend but he said that it didn't come up in conversation which made me really upset but i decided not to press the issue and asked him if that was the only reason.

That and he wanted changes. That's what he said last time but then he came crawling back saying he wanted things to go back to the way they were.

So here I am, mixed up, confused, and utterly heartbroken. Him and the girl just met and he doesn't even know her name, but I guess it doesn't matter either way. I honestly have no clue on what to do....help please?

But before our last break up, right when things were starting to get rocky alot of people said that what it sounded like was that we were just friends with benefits. But because of that, I asked him about it and we got into a big fight about it. But then the next day he was all over me and telling me how sorry he was and how much he loved me, and this was the week before he broke up with me....so how can everything change in just 2 days while im sick....?

I think you should erase his number from your phone...tell him you're going NC and concentrate on yourself.

He's only interested in coming back when he doesn't think he's getting anywhere with this other girl. He's obviously not that committed to the relationship and other people have noticed.

He's a coward and he's playing games...he's hurting you.

He doesn't want back into your life for the right reasons, just saying the right ones to make you take him back only so he can go back to be inconsiderate and harsh with you.

Spend time with your friends, concentrate on yourself and say goodbye to him for good. You can watch from a distance as he either stays in the same place or puts a noose around his neck! You deserve better.

XXXX

i dont think he 'just met her'

i bet money that its the same girl he broke up with you the first time for.

he probably didnt want to mention the name because it is probably someone you know.

good riddance. let her have him.

You see how he is, not once, but twice. You see how you are not as important to him, as he is to you. It hurts, it sucks, it takes time, but move on and forget. He clearly is not right for you, no matter how hard it is to see right now.

Always remember, if they were the one for you, they wanted to be with you, they loved you, they would not leave, would not need a break, would not meet someone else.

Archived