I want to ask my sister if she loves me, but I don't know how

Hiiii,

I want to ask my sister if she loves me but I don't know how to do it without sounding pathetic. You see she doesn't really have a good relationship with my parents for so many reasons, but as this doesn't really concern me, she mentioned something that made me think.

When I was talking to my Mum she mentioned how my sister didn't write "love from" in an anniversary card, she simply wrote "best wishes". So obviously my My Mum was upset about this. Now my sister always wrote that in any card to any member of the family, even mine. She used to every now and again write "love from" in my seasonal cards. I mentioned the fact that she hadn't wrote "love from" in our parents cards and she responded with: "I don't write love from because it doesn't feel right ..."

Then I realised I kept a birthday card from my sis from when I was about 13 because she had written love in it.

So now I'm unsure that she actually feels love for me. I mean we get on great. We've had disagreements in the past but nothing that could ever stop me caring deeply for my sister, I mean she's my number one role model and she knows it. She even made me a bridesmade for her wedding. It's just ... does she love me? She never says it or writes it and I always do ....

What do I do?

MG X

Is your family close? When you were growing up, were there lots of 'I love you's and hugs? I only ask because Im the same way as your sister and my family wasnt like that. I didnt get alot of affection growing up and I now find it hard to give to others.

I love my family but I cant tell them how I feel. It's physically hard to open my mouth and make the words come out. I try but it just doesnt happen.

I dont think you need to ask her. It seems obvious by her actions that she does love you but maybe she just doesnt know how to say it.

My sister recieved very little affection and it's the same with my brother. But because my sister is the middle child, she saw my brother receive a hard life from my parents which made her a tough cookie, my brother has the same character build as me, we're both sensitive and love our parents despite their stubborness and their awkward social behaviour. However my sister has problem say the L work to her fiance . . .

My sister feels very little for our parents but to be fair they are very difficult people to work with ...

Archived