more weird male behaviour: he got jealous and sabatogued my relationship

Caterina

Why would a guy get jealous if he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you? I had a guy get jealous and treat me meanly and attempt to sabatogue a relationship I was in. We were friends. He didn't want a relationship, but when I moved on and started dating, he went insane. Yet, he didn't want a relationship. Does this make any sense to you?

Why would a guy get jealous if he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you? I had a guy get jealous and treat me meanly and attempt to sabatogue a relationship I was in. We were friends. He didn't want a relationship, but when I moved on and started dating, he went insane. Yet, he didn't want a relationship. Does this make any sense to you?

He sounds extremely selfish to me - doesn't want to be in a relationship with you and doesn't want you to be in a relationship with anyone else.

He is your enemy..ditch him like a bag of concrete of a truck!! What is he holding you back for ? Because he is evil. He looks like your friend but hes the guy who undermines your well being..

Some guys are that jealous but never show it until times like these. Hes your enemy..

Why get jealous if you don't like me? makes no sense. the guy i was dating was into me and he was a nice guy...you couldn't really say anything against him as if he had to 'protect' me type thing...he would have used that as an excuse otherwise.

Well, I've actually had the same on-going problem for years now. The guy, my BFF, doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. His excuse has always been things like "I can't be your boyfriend right now"...."I'm not ready for something so serious" and says things like "I won't say it won't ever happen, just not now". Its no secret that I am madly and completely in love with this man and I sincerely don't have any doubts that he loves me too...but for reasons that I cannot comprehend (and believe me...I've tried) we are not together and I do not think we will ever be together. I have tried to move on numerous times (although...my accounts of moving on aren't very good). Nevertheless, when I begin to show disinterest in him and interest in someone else...things get weird. He says mean or hateful things about the other person, etc. He pretends like he is protecting me and says he doesn't want anyone to think I am a * * * * , etc. * * * does that mean? Sometimes it appears that he has me on some insanely high pedestal and he thinks that no one would ever been good enough for me..not even himself, but I am probably just making another lame excuse for us not being together.

Anyway, it sounds to me like this guy has the same problem...he doesn't want to be saddled to you, but he certainly doesn't want anyone else to have you. He wants your attention....and doesn't have to give anything in return. Ask him why your relationship would bother him at all...

It sounds like you know EXACTLY what I went through. I think that something in him didn't like some part of me ...or was afraid. Who knows...maybe he didn't like me enough. Whatever it was, the guy was right--- its the behaviour of an enemy. He ended up hurting me more than anyone has ever hurt me. He was never truly there fo rme...I think I fed his ego. I will never get guys like this.

He is your enemy..ditch him like a bag of concrete of a truck!! What is he holding you back for ? Because he is evil. He looks like your friend but hes the guy who undermines your well being..

Some guys are that jealous but never show it until times like these. Hes your enemy..

Do what he said. This guy is just jealous.

Did he not like the guy? Maybe he was just protecting you?

No, the protecting guys are only the ones that are jealous. It has nothing to do with protecting anyone.

It sounds like you know EXACTLY what I went through. I think that something in him didn't like some part of me ...or was afraid. Who knows...maybe he didn't like me enough. Whatever it was, the guy was right--- its the behaviour of an enemy. He ended up hurting me more than anyone has ever hurt me. He was never truly there fo rme...I think I fed his ego. I will never get guys like this.

It reminds me of kids that keep pet bugs in a box until it suffocates. Thats exactly what he is doing to you except you are not a bug but a grown mountain of woman...kick him to the kerb.....

It's exactly as you said, you're stroking his ego. He does not love you back, but he loves the attention you give him, and he loves how much you love him. When you start liking someone else you take that attention away from him, and it pisses him off because he's so used to having it (like a spoiled child), and he'll do whatever it takes to get it back. Like most have already said, get rid of him, he's not good to you, and he's not a true friend.

It's exactly as you said, you're stroking his ego. He does not love you back, but he loves the attention you give him, and he loves how much you love him. When you start liking someone else you take that attention away from him, and it pisses him off because he's so used to having it (like a spoiled child), and he'll do whatever it takes to get it back. Like most have already said, get rid of him, he's not good to you, and he's not a true friend.

He wasn't a true friend. Its all past tense now but you're right. Hope he finds his life as a cold loser fullfilling.

Archived