Did not get the job..

wish4me

Had a stressful weekend. Had a showdown with my boss on Friday but when I got home I had a message from the lady I had interviewed with last Monday. She mentioned that she had made a decision and to call her back this morning. I went ahead and made myself a list of things to ask her.

I called her back and she told me that she had chosen another candidate but it was a hard choice. She didn't want to send me a letter so decided to call. I got my hopes up so much over the weekend. I just wish she had just left that message on my answer phone.

Had to take a vacation off today.. I am so stressed. I just can't focus, I'm crying all the time and I'm getting anxiety attacks too. They are draining me so much.

Just have to keep looking. At least I can spend the day today resting. I may even make an appointment with my doctor.

Be careful with anxiety meds in situations like this.... I've had friends on them who lost their jobs because the meds shut off their "gut feelings" on what was a stupid thing to say, for instance.

Sorry wish4me. Hang in there, and keep trying. My boss is now PO'd at me for going over him to get something resolved, so I started to push my own job search into high gear too. Noticed a lot of staff level jobs out there, not many management jobs.

The workplace, in general, is extremely tough right now. If you have a job at all, everyone is walking on eggshells and if you're looking for work, everyone... is.. walking on eggshells. lol

Like the others said, just hang in there... keep your head up and focus on remaining calm. You're bound to feel anxiety in this situation.

Just wonder why she didn't just leave the message and tell me that on the phone than to ask me to call back on Monday.

Friday at work was horrible. Boss reduced me to tears and then was trying not to laugh when I started getting very upset.

I've slept most of today trying to get myself back together. My bf has been wonderful trying to figure out what else we can do to help get out of this situation. Yes, I'm glad I do have a job but it feels like a concentration camp. You never know when the mind field is going to blow. His boss will also tell you that he has the ability to push people to the edge. What kind of environment is that to work in?

Thanks for listening. ~Kel

Just wonder why she didn't just leave the message and tell me that on the phone than to ask me to call back on Monday.

Thanks for listening. ~Kel

I know it doesn't seem like it, but she did that to be more considerate. When you have a candidate who did well, you don't feel right sending an email or leaivng a message. You want to talk to them in person. That is why she didn't leave a message on the phone. The silver lining here is it really DOES sound like it was a tough decision so that shows your skills are sharp. Do not let this keep you from driving a bus thru the wall of employment. Keep driving.

I would have asked her was she on drugs, that is something you don't do and calling you to tell you that was very strange. She would have been hung up on right after i told her what I thought about her stupid act.

So you would have hung up on a person you interviewed with who told you that another candidate was selected?

CD never burn a bridge. That is very bad advice. I hope you never ask an interviewer if she/he was on drugs when she or he calls to say they chose another candidate. You think that the women on dating sites are chatting about you? LOL that won't compare to the people in your professional life "networking" about you! Come on man, be professional. WE ALL get that call sometimes that says "we have decided to pursue another candidate". You don't ask the person if they are on drugs for making that choice!

So you would have hung up on a person you interviewed with who told you that another candidate was selected?

CD never burn a bridge. That is very bad advice. I hope you never ask an interviewer if she/he was on drugs when she or he calls to say they chose another candidate. You think that the women on dating sites are chatting about you? LOL that won't compare to the people in your professional life "networking" about you! Come on man, be professional. WE ALL get that call sometimes that says "we have decided to pursue another candidate". You don't ask the person if they are on drugs for making that choice!

how bout-"thanks for the call but i really have to go"

well i want to believe that she felt it was ok to do that because the OP was employed. That is not something you do when a person is not working.

But you have to always think about the future CD. NEver burn a bridge. You never know when your paths will cross with that person. Today they decline you for an interview. Two years from now you might be working on her team, and she remembers you saying ARE YOU ON DRUGS? And well...it wouldn't be a good thing.

I have often found myself in my career working with or for people that i may not have liked in another 'life' and i am always glad i kept it professional.

But you have to always think about the future CD. NEver burn a bridge. You never know when your paths will cross with that person. Today they decline you for an interview. Two years from now you might be working on her team, and she remembers you saying ARE YOU ON DRUGS? And well...it wouldn't be a good thing.

I have often found myself in my career working with or for people that i may not have liked in another 'life' and i am always glad i kept it professional.

True that. I just got a call from an old employer that they need someone like me in their Beantown office. I am heading up there on Thursday to check it out.

2 years? I will be on the street by that time and wouldn't have a contact number for her to call me again-lol

Archived