anxiety!!!

i hate it! im getting my top two wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and the anxiety and panic started to kick in today! actually about 20 minutes ago! i haven't felt like this in almost a year, i hate this so much!!!

i have to go to a temp agency in a few mins for a job assignment and a class tonight, all while screaming on the inside! I wish the world would freeze for anxious days!

anyone who has to deal with this crap, i definitely feel for you. I dont wish anxiety upon my worse enemy!

The anxiety is worse than the actual procedure. Getting the teeth out was a big blur... just a lot of pulling and tugging, and I'm pretty sure I slept through most of it. I'm dreading having a root canal done today though... because I will be stuck on that chair for 2 plus hours, wide awake and aware of everything they're doing. Are you getting sedation for it?

See, when I get anxious, I get these SWEATY, cold, and clammy hands.

I absolutely hate it. We had a meeting today at work, and it happened. I absolutely hate that about myself, and I feel for the OP.

I'm also starting classes next week, and I'm sure that I'll have it happen as well. First I get the sweaty, wet hands, then I start to sweat even more all over. I hate it...

Lucky, they don't give you that option here. If you wanna be 'put to sleep' you have to go to hospital for the treatment.

are you sure? some people need some serious dental surgery and they still do it in dental offices here. it might be more like an outpatient medical facility other than the dental office, but you don't have to go to an actual hospital.

are you sure? some people need some serious dental surgery and they still do it in dental offices here. it might be more like an outpatient medical facility other than the dental office, but you don't have to go to an actual hospital.

I am pretty sure. It's different in the U.K. If you want the medical treatment eg: put to sleep you have to go to hospital and pay more.

I went drinking 3 hours later lol.

Dentists wont put you to sleep with gas, as it's dangerous, apparently.

See, when I get anxious, I get these SWEATY, cold, and clammy hands.

I absolutely hate it. We had a meeting today at work, and it happened. I absolutely hate that about myself, and I feel for the OP.

I'm also starting classes next week, and I'm sure that I'll have it happen as well. First I get the sweaty, wet hands, then I start to sweat even more all over. I hate it...

I can only imagine. At least theres a good chance some people might just think you ran to class, rather than you shaking or trembling....

depending on the procedure they do. sometimes they give you a choice of which you want.

yeah - especially if you tell them you get bad anxiety, it may be easier for them just to put you out. i'm the kind of person who would flip out if you tried to take my teeth while i'm awake. even if i can't feel it!!!

yeah - especially if you tell them you get bad anxiety, it may be easier for them just to put you out. i'm the kind of person who would flip out if you tried to take my teeth while i'm awake. even if i can't feel it!!!

i remember they came out with the needle and i was like 'just give me 15 minutes and i will fall asleep for you.' LOL i was scared of needles when i was younger. (this was for other teeth)

Archived