Bit of a predicament… should I step back????

johnmmm

Ill keep this as short and sweet as possible……..

Basically I meet a girl about 5 months ago. (We work together) Over the space of about 3 months we built a good friendship and sometimes got a bit flirty with each other but at that time she had a boyfriend so that was as far as it went….

2 months ago we meet each other while out and ended up sleeping with one another, the following day she broke up with her boyfriend and we started seeing each other casually. We get on really well with each other but I am conches that she is just out of a two year relationship so I didn’t want to push for anything else, so I just let things happen at the own pace…

All the time we have been seeing each other her ex has been constantly calling her and texting trying to get her back even going to the extreme of saying that he was going to kill himself!!!!…. After 2 months of this its looking like he is starting to ware her down and she has told me that she is considering going back with him…….

Personally I don’t think she is making the write decision and she is only going back to him because he has constantly harassed her from they split.. I know she is crazy about me and I really like her but I don’t know how I should go about this. Should I just step back and let her go back to what looked like a dead end relationship or should I try and talk her out of it????? thanx!!!

I would say that you care about her, but if she chooses to go back to her ex then that's her decision and you wish her the best of it, but make it clear that you won't be waiting for her if she changes her mind again.

She cheated on her partner to be with you, that's not a good sign. I think you should walk away from this one.

That's tough, I had an ex threaten to kill himself also, that's not a good position to be in. Of course, now he's happily in another long term relationship.

You can only show her that there is a better option, but you can't force anything on her. By saying bad things about her ex, it's only going to push her towards him, they have a history together. If she ends up choosing him, it's ultimately her decision and she should be prepared to live with the consequences. If this happens, don't sit around waiting for her, move on.

That's tough, I had an ex threaten to kill himself also, that's not a good position to be in. Of course, now he's happily in another long term relationship.

You can only show her that there is a better option, but you can't force anything on her. By saying bad things about her ex, it's only going to push her towards him, they have a history together. If she ends up choosing him, it's ultimately her decision and she should be prepared to live with the consequences. If this happens, don't sit around waiting for her, move on.

in that situation you still leave. it's nothing to do with you. it's a controlling behavior by people that cannot handle their emotions properly.

Archived