Wow, i went so long with the "no contact rule". I was with this girl for two years, and we broke up Christmas day. It was tough at first because we lived together and she moved out and in with a roomate about a week or two before the split. (should have seen it coming huh?) Anyway, she finally called me last Friday to "give back some meanigless petty items". Well i just said basically, "i wish you would have never called and threw the things out". She hung up and that was that. However, i am weak, pathetic and really screwed up. I called her today, before work. I wanted to talk but didn't know what to say. So i decided to play the "lets exchange useless junk thing". Yet i played it all cool and sai, "not this weekend though, i am too busy." At which point she stated the same, almost to the extint that she was busy with someone else. Whatever. I am doomed to think about this girl forever i guess. I tried and failed, she obviously is with someone, happy about it, and i should have never callled. Anyone have any good realestate in the far corner of Alaska, alone, very alone?

SocialSteve,

You don't need to move to Alaska to get away from your feelings. You need to face them and deal with them. I know what I am saying is tough and it hurts really bad, but there will come a time when your thoughts run accross her less and less. You see even though you might think moving away will solve the problem but, it wont because you will still be thinking of her. I know you were only kidding about that but, you have to face the music. The pain you are going through will eventually help you become a stronger person. You will grow mentally and spiritually from this experience. You must keep up the "no contact rule" and do some soul searching to find out what you want out of life and a women. Take some time to you and pick up some hobbies or volunteer your time. Please understand that you must keep busy or you will go crazy. Talk to friends and family till they cannot stand to hear her name anymore. Till you cannot stand hearing her name anymore. I am telling you to deal with this now because if you bottle it up you will have to deal with it in the future and possablly added on top of another heart break. Please take some time and heal yourself before you look for new love.

Good luck,

Hubman

Damn. You really showed great strength when you told her that she shouldn't have contacted you. Unfortunately, you completely buggered it up by calling her back. I know how it is though, I've been there.

Although, exactly what were the items that she wanted to give you back? I've found in the past that the ex will generally use this as an excuse for contact (isn't that what you did?)

Let me tell you something though, you are not doomed to think of this women for the rest of your life, it just feels that way now.