weird question, i know, but i don't know how to ask this? it's been bothering me...

ablonde

...how can you tell if a guy is FORCING himself to move on from you?

maybe a little background would help...

a guy liked me quite a bit. he brought up the idea of us together and with a few restless nights thinking about it, i had to say 'not right now'. (he is a tad bit of a player? and regardless of how much he 'liked' me or not i was not ready for that drama).

we remained friends. i will never know how upset he really was when i turned him down but what i DO know is he made himself move on. and he has found someone else.

problem is, naturally, as bad timing would have it, you could say i've fallen head over heals for this guy. and i love talking to him! and he knows my recent change in feelings, but he insists that he has a girlfriend now and that i HAD told him 'no' before.

he's become so 'busy' lately that he hardly has any time at all for me and my friendly texts hello. i understand i lost him as a potential sig. other, but i don't want to lose him as a friend too!

despite his near ignoring most of my attempts at contact (or so it seems), whenever we see each other it's a whole different story. he is ALWAYS staring, and when our eyes meet, they linger for what seems like forever. and he def. has that same look in his eye he used to have for me!

i don't understand. it's like a bad thing to even be friends anymore? does any of this make any sense? please help...

thank you!

If he has a gf then it's probably bad for him to have a friend that has feelings for him.

You probably just want him because he's taken now.

despite his near ignoring most of my attempts at contact (or so it seems), whenever we see each other it's a whole different story. he is ALWAYS staring, and when our eyes meet, they linger for what seems like forever. and he def. has that same look in his eye he used to have for me!

If he is indeed a player like you said, then that doesn't surprise me.

Some guys can't really be friends with girls. They put more effort into 'friendships' with girls that they want to end up with, whether it's hooking up or something serious. Mind you, not all guys function this way, but if he's the player you describe him as then I'd bet that he saw no opportunity with you so he gave up on putting effort into being close. You'll still get happy vibes when you see each other but don't count on him being all about you like before, especially if he's got a new girl to give most of his attention to.

I personally think you need to back off a little. You've said no, then made no secret of wanting to change your mind. Back off now, but still stick around at the edge of his sight. Still go to the places he is at, but try to ignore him. Don't send the texts anymore. It may take some time, but if he sees you getting on with your life and enjoying yourself, even with other men, then he may well decide to try again.

Archived