South Beach Diet - all phases...let's loose that weight!!

chasey

just watch out for splenda...if you can try stevia instead...splenda hasn't had very many tests done on it and is actually very harmful whereas stevia is 100% natural!

good point! can you get stevia in bigger bags (like for baking) or only small packets?

So I found V8 juice today called V-fusion, it's 2 servings of veggies and 1 of fruit. Does have 35 g of sugar but doesn't look like it's extra added, just from the fruits etc. Should be good for phase II.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found these tips on the sb site and thought I'd share:

-Cook up big meals once a week, and save the leftovers in single-size containers in the freezer.

-Buy easy foods, like canned light tuna, low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt, or ready-made hummus.

-Chop fruits and veggies once a week and keep them in the fridge (I do this when I get groceries)

-Have a bag of nuts or some string cheese available for "on-the-go" days.

Do you simply put the fruits in lemon juice so they don't go bad? I find it gives them a bit of a sour taste which is ok once in a while...

I had a friend who stored her veggies with tupperwares in water. Not sure how well that works.

When it comes to fruits I just work with strawberries, blueberries, grapes etc like that and clean and put them in containers.

The veggies I find keep good in bags or containers. We eat them within a week so they don't stay in the fridge long.

Hey hike - happy friday!!

I do believe hummus is ok. For snacks you can pretty much have anything that's on the allowed food list.

I can't wait to go grocery shopping sunday and get rid of the junk in my house!!!!

So who all is going to start on monday?

I think I'm going to restart on Monday. I abandonned ship last night =)

We're all kind of sick right now and it's getting worst so I can't handle starting the South Beach phase 1 and the sickness together and you guys are all starting on monday so it's going to be more fun.

I wonder why in phase 1 cheese is ok but nonfat milk is not...

I'm having a hard time planning what snacks to buy. All I can think of is cheese and nuts and celery (no dip?! I wonder if hummus is ok). Any other snack ideas?

Fat-free milk is allowed in Phase I. Where did you read it is not? Hummus is made from chickpeas so it is okay, but watch carefully the pre-made hummus for added ingredients like sugar, etc. Probably best to make your own and go easy on the olive oil.

link removed

We're still doing really well. As of this morning, I've lost 8lbs, with 5lbs more to go!

Fat-free milk is allowed in Phase I. Where did you read it is not? Hummus is made from chickpeas so it is okay, but watch carefully the pre-made hummus for added ingredients like sugar, etc. Probably best to make your own and go easy on the olive oil.

link removed

We're still doing really well. As of this morning, I've lost 8lbs, with 5lbs more to go!

Thank you...

I get more excited as I hear about your weight loss. And I can't believe you get that much exercise with the bike! Wow.

I think I need to lose a total of 10+ lbs. I'm not sure how much exactly because I've never really been at my ideal weight in my adult life...!

HAHAHA... yeah. We had non-fat, sugar-free pudding or Jell-O (the kind you make yourself in 5-minutes) every night while on Phase I. A box made us 4 equal servings. You also can have sugar-free fudge pops or sugar-free popsicles. Just don't go overboard on helpings. Once per day is what we did.

For Phase I you need to stay under 25 total carbs PER DAY.

Jello, pudding and sugar free popsicles are our favorite choices. I did find a couple other no sugar ones in stores but can't remember the names right now. There are alot of dessert ideas on the sb forum though.

So halloween today and they have those yummy little chocoloate bars at work.....had one....good thing not starting phase I till monday!!

Might not get back on until sunday....so hope everyone has a good weekend.

The grocery shopping went well =)

The only thing is I also bought carbs for the "husband".... pizza, raisin breads etc... all my favs. It's going to be tough.

I also bough fish, chicken, porc, beans, peanut butter, eggs etc... and veggies at least.

We can't afford cheese right now though =|

I think I will buy:

a lot of lettuce and some deli meat to make those wraps I think pixel was talkign about

Some kind of lowfat cheese (not sure what kind yet)

ground beef

eggs

tuna and one of those cooked turkey's

veggies. (asparagus? spinach)

yogurt, milk

celery

cashews

thats all i can thnk of for now

Morning all! Day 1, here we come! I woke up and don't feel like eating ANYTHING. I had an awfully sad and frustrating weekend...this first week is gonna be hard probably right, it will get better next week I'm sure. Especially after we see some results! I think I will lose at least 5 lbs this week!

Archived