South Beach Diet - all phases...let's loose that weight!!

chasey

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't remember if milk is allowed in the first phase in limited quantity (1 glass). Also are sugar substitutes (splenda etc) ok? Sugar free creamer?

Sugar substitutes are allowed, sugar free creamer is allowed- and after the original book release in 2004 Dr. Agatstein amended the program to allow specified amounts of nonfat dairy (limit 2 servings per day) in Phase 1: see link removed So you can have some milk.

Sugar substitutes are allowed, sugar free creamer is allowed- and after the original book release in 2004 Dr. Agatstein amended the program to allow specified amounts of nonfat dairy (limit 2 servings per day) in Phase 1: see link removed So you can have some milk.

Thanks BellaDonna! I think in that case I will have sugar free pudding at night as desert. 1 cup of skim milk would be 2 servings right?

You'll do it!!!! The key is to use phase 1 to jumpstart, and then stay in Phase 2 as a way of life. Phase 3 allows for all foods, but requires balance- My current diet is a lot loke Phase 2 with an occasional Phase 3 cheat meal and exercise to counter-balance that.

I know I can do it, but I am a little discouraged that I have to start at such a high weight. I have never weighed so much in my life. This is more than I weighed the first time I started this diet, so it will take a while to get back into a shape I felt healthy at. Right now I feel SO tired and everything in my body hurts. It is because of all the extra weight.

The first 10 are the hardest and then once you get some momentum going it comes off more easily. Have you been to the doctor? You want to be sure there aren't any medical reasons for the weight gain. Routine bloodwork can rule out a lot of things.

If there is no medical reason then you should lose it quickly once you change your metabolism and create a calore deficit. You'll probably lose 8lbs by the end of phase 1.

I don't think the first 10 are hard ( if you mean sticking to the diet yes, but once you stick to it they drop off). I am only on my 3rd day on South Beach and I already lost 2 lbs! Yeay!

I weigh in the morning naked after I went to the bathroom so it should be fairly accurate.

I know I can do it, the only thing that discourages me is that it will take longer than last time because I am starting at a higher weight. Also the fact that I relapsed discourages me a little.

Based on the guidelines link removed I think you would be able to use a whole wheat pastry flour or whole oat flour, but you should check on the South Beach Forums to be sure.

I often would grind up whole quaker oats in the food processor and make my own oat flour to substitute in Phase 2. I used it to make pancakes, to bread chicken, and for baking.

I am still in phase 1. This is a hard phase not just because it is difficult to stick to and not be tempted but also because you are screwed if you don't plan everything.

I had milk (with coffee), 2 slices of deli meat and lowfat cheese in the morning. Since then I have had some nuts (20 or so). Now at 3 I will go swimming and I don't have anything to eat with me (I am not home). I won't get to eat until I am home about 4:30-5. I would have picked up something somewhere quick (Starbucks, 7 -11? Cafe ) but I wouldn't know what to get because of Phase 1. I hope I don't faint or something, I know you get very hungry after a long swim.

Do you like cottage cheese? That is a portable snack if you have a method to keep it cold like a cooler or an insulated lunch bag.

Another quick and portable phase 1 food tuna. The packets of tuna that are like this link removed can be taken anywhere. Of course you probably don't want to have that in the morning though.

• 1 month later...

Archived