South Beach Diet - all phases...let's loose that weight!!

chasey

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bf's parents are leaving for mexico for 6 months this weekend... they invited us for supper. It would be really mean to refuse lol.

If it's a buffet style thing (like for the lunch) it's easier.

I'll still be on the South Beach, just phase 2. I just don't see how I bring food and do this politely... :S

Is there anyway to just not eat any pasta/rice/potatoes and stick to the meat and veggies they serve? It might not be totally strict to plan, but would be pretty close.

If it's just one or two meals eat them then get back on plan when you get home.

My bf's parents are leaving for mexico for 6 months this weekend... they invited us for supper. It would be really mean to refuse lol.

If it's a buffet style thing (like for the lunch) it's easier.

I'll still be on the South Beach, just phase 2. I just don't see how I bring food and do this politely... :S

Maybe they would be fine if you explained you were on SB and had to stay away from carbs? I'm sure you could eat the meat, veggies and salad, etc.

no carbs past 7:00pm.

high protien breakfast with mild carbs (toast or muffin)

fruit of some sort a couple hours later

some grains or crackers ( i like triscuits)

salad or some lean chicken, fish or meat for lunch

fruit or cracker snack again

lean meat sandwhich, or lean meats with some veggies for dinner

This is what i usually try to eat and its gotten my body fat down to 7%.

right now im trying to pack back on some calories for winter to bulk up.

^^^^^ Good advice, but only for Phase II and III.

Phase 2: until you reach your goal weight

Phase 3:

This is a lifestyle change.

Once you reach your weight loss goal, you'll continue on to Phase 3 where you'll follow the principles of The South Beach Diet that you learned in the first two phases. Phase 3 isn't about abandoning the diet and eating anything you want, it's about continuing to make smart food choices. Experiment with new recipes and ingredients, enjoy your new lifestyle, and know that weight loss can greatly improve your overall health.

You may have started on The South Beach Diet merely hoping to lose weight. If you adopt it and stick with it, you will surely accomplish that much, but you'll also do a lot more for yourself. And all of it very good because your weight loss can help improve your overall health.

No foods need to be avoided during Phase 3, so there is no food list you need to follow. If you find that you've gained five pounds or so back, then get on Phase 1 for a while, until you're back where you want to be.

That's all great.

I have a hard time not eating after 7pm, I always want something like chips or popcorn.

Now, since I don't really like dessert right after dinner I save it until later. Seems to work.

Well its almost 7, and I am still full from my 'lunch' so I guess I'll skip both pudding and dinner today? I swear I try, but I just cant seem to make the timing of meals work for some reason Either I'm gonna skip or I eat another snack around 8 or so. What do you think? I will sleep at around 12, so I will have plenty of time between the pudding and bed...

Ok. Now I agree. That's tricky. But unless you have lasagna for dinner, you can still decline the pasta/rice and ask for a second serving of salad no? Perhaps you can convince your 'husband' of making a request for a specific meal that would work for the diet. This way it will seem as if he's asking for a specific dish from his mommy. No?

Archived