South Beach Diet - all phases...let's loose that weight!!

chasey

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's like chinese ordering in.. I assume they will do the picking of the dishes for us but I guess I will be able to choose from the different dishes they order, so it won't be as bad. I can just pick the "safest".

My portion sizes haven't drastically diminished unfortunetly =S They did a bit though for sure.

I'm still having trouble accepting the fact that it's ok to leave food on the plate... damn moms that say finish everything! If I serve myself (which is most of the time), I already know how big my portions should be relative to my hunger but at restaurants or other people's places it's harder for me.

I find portions at restaurants way too big. Really, if restaurant portions were what they should be society probably wouldn't have as big a weight problem!

So - Day 4 and down another 1.5 lbs -\\

Had a pretty good day yesterday, had turkey bacon and one boiled egg for breakie, with a little V8 shortly after. Veggies for snack. Low fat lunch meat, cheese string and yogurt for lunch. Nuts for snack. Noodleless lasagna for dinner, with a small avacado (yup ate the whole thing!).

That's awesome. Is your wife close to her goal too?

Another 1.5 lbs lost and I'm 4lbs from my goal! Girlfriend, not wife, actually (well, eventually! ) she is getting there, too. I think she has lost 6lbs and wants to lose another 5 or so. She's having a bit more of a difficult time due to her work schedule and forcing her to eat on the run. But she's doing really well overall.

Met my original goal of 10lbs! But now that I've reached it, I'd like to drop another 3lbs and get to what the Medical charts say is my ideal weight. But I'm happy! 4 weeks, 10lbs and 3% body fat lost. My g/f has another 5lbs to lose, but hoping for 7lbs more.

October 11th, start date of Phase I - 178.5lbs and 23% body fat.

November 7th - 168 and 20% body fat

Ultimate goal: 165lbs and 17% body fat.

Keep it up, everyone... you're doing great!

I already noticed changes though. Even though I cheated all day, I had normal meals. I didnt have an appetizer, a meal course and a desert. I was satisfied with only eating my sandwhich and drink, only drinking my coffee (didn't need my usual snack muffin or honey cruller), was content with having half the plate of nachos instead of full etc...

So even though I cheated all day, I'm kind of happy about not feeling the urge to eat everything!

Hey all! I'd like to start this journey as well Tomorrow will be my first day. I'm going to the grocery store today to get all my fixins for phase 1. I'm so excited to start! In addtion to the diet, I will be adding walking/jogging everday for at least 30 mins into my weeks. I'd like to lose 20lbs/ 2 dress sizes, so we'll see how that goes... Congrats to everyone thus far..you're my inspiration!

I noticed someone mentioned eating yogurt/pudding in phase 1...so that is allowed? Just has to be fat free?

Ah i see..no sugars...hmmm..well I scoured the yoguts available, and I seriously couldnt find any without ANY sugar...lowest I found was 12gs... I bought 5 of those.. Guess this means it's a no go in phase 1? dammit.

I'd also like to know what days seemed the toughest, and when it got easier? Just so I can have milestones to compare to in regards to my own improvements. Also, please don't tell me, if you "cheat" in phase 1 at all, that you have to start all over again? Cause that would be a real killer to my motiviation..

Ah i see..no sugars...hmmm..well I scoured the yoguts available, and I seriously couldnt find any without ANY sugar...lowest I found was 12gs... I bought 5 of those.. Guess this means it's a no go in phase 1? dammit.

I'd also like to know what days seemed the toughest, and when it got easier? Just so I can have milestones to compare to in regards to my own improvements. Also, please don't tell me, if you "cheat" in phase 1 at all, that you have to start all over again? Cause that would be a real killer to my motiviation..

source yogourt doesn't have sugar in it...

Ok I am jumping in here too.Never tried the SBD before, but it looks fairly easy.Not like they are asking me to starve or anything!!!

Anywho..last night was my last "binge" night before starting this. I had a Cheeseburger with fries and three beers..LMAO!!!! Oh lawd help me!!!!!

So this week...NO bread, NO pasta, NO rice, No white foods.NO alcohol, NOfruit.

As long as I can have my fish and veggies I will be Ok.

You all wanna list your current weight and goal weights??

My current weight is 130

Goal weight 115-120. How reasonable is it for me to do this on SBD?

Thanks!!!

Archived