If chick does not respond to text message witin 24 hours, A) chick is not interested and B) I might

Stardusk

I'd probably reply immediatley, if it was a guy I was 'into'....and especially if it is early days in getting to know someone.

...assuming I had credit that is.

I'd top up immediatley though, if I got a message and because I'd want to reply back straight away...

Me texting a guy though and if he didn't reply within 24 hours...I'd take as a lack of interest or not enough. People who are interested, don't leave you 'hanging'....

Do you have the message delivery receipts option turned on? I always get a receipt back that tells me whether the message has been delivered or not.

24 hours...hmmm.. seems very arbitrary. When did you request the date for? Did you leave it open? I would say call her .. once. If you get no response, then I would let it go. No use wasting your time on someone that is not interested.

Agree it could have several reasons for ex.

message hasn't been received

she just had her phone turned off or didn't hear the incoming message yet while busy with something else

doesn't know yet what to say

is out of money to send back

thinks you are making too much effort and/or finds it too early

isn't interested

keeps it in mind that it seems you're very interested but prefers to decide herself when and/or what to do a next time

is seeing it as an ego boost/big compliment and it's just the way she is that it doesn't mean as much for her than for other person

read it and planned to answer later but forgot

wants to see what you are going to do next, like making a phonecall, giving a reaction,..

Agree it could have several reasons for ex.

message hasn't been received

she just had her phone turned off or didn't hear the incoming message yet while busy with something else

doesn't know yet what to say

is out of money to send back

thinks you are making too much effort and/or finds it too early

isn't interested

keeps it in mind that it seems you're very interested but prefers to decide herself when and/or what to do a next time

is seeing it as an ego boost/big compliment and it's just the way she is that it doesn't mean as much for her than for other person

read it and planned to answer later but forgot

wants to see what you are going to do next, like making a phonecall, giving a reaction,..

En fait elle vit dans la même maison que moi et nous partageons la cuisine. C'est seulement une question de temps avant que je la revoie. Je peux alors l'observer et voir comment elle réagit en ma présense. Dans la mesure où je sais le texte est intervenu avec succès, au moins il a indiqué cela à mon téléphone. Als je een Vlaamse spreker bent, verontschuldig ik me.

Personally, I think email is the best way, because it takes a lot of pressure off the girl.

If you really want to go out with this girl, you should wait another two days. If she still hasn't replied, write a longer letter. In this letter, say something like,

"You know how sometimes when you meet someone, you know that she isn't like everyone else. You become very curious about her. You want to know what she is all about, etc."

"When I first saw you, I don't know why - you looked very classy. I want to know if my first impression was right, etc."

"Now I've written you a long letter. Please be courteous and write back. Even if you don't intend to go out with me, have the curtesy not to leave me hanging, etc."

The longer letter has always worked for me.

What culture is the girl from? (Given your preference for Asian women - in my experience, Chinese women always write back within two days.)

Archived