Girlfriend's Mom took her to a Sex shop...

HellFrost666

Would anyone else find this weird?

My girlfriend's Mom called her earlier and asked her to go "SHopping" and then out for a drink.

Well, her Mom wanted to go to a sex shop and didn't want to go all by herself. And while they were in there her Mom made all these suggestions of things my girlfriend should buy to use on me.

Why does she care so much what goes on in our bedroom?

And then she told my girl to pick something out, anything, and she would buy. SO she picked something out that was cheap, and then her Mom said no and insisted on buying her a $75 vibrator.

And then when they came out of the store, her Mom was telling her how cool it is that they have such a great Mother/Daughter relationship that they could do this together. And my girlfriend told her Mom that she wasn't going to lie, this was a little awkward for her. And she feels bad now because she thinks she really hurt her Mom's feelings because her Mom barely said anything the whole way home.

So does anyone have any insidht here? Not just on the obvious, but on how she should handle it if she upset her Mom.

Ummmmmmm, I must admit, it is a quite ackward situation. I have a grown daughter, I don't think I can ever take her shopping to the sex toy store. It just doesn't feel very right. It's not an ethical or moral question by any means, but I would personally never do that.

I could understand how your girlfriend felt uncomfortable with that day. I am sorry, I can't offer any help. Just to let you know that your gf didn't do or say anything out of line under the circumstance.

I'm thinking maybe she had a hard time feeling comfortable and open with her own parents when she was little (her mom). She probably wanted to let her know that she was open to her daughter being sexual and in case she ever needed any advice ex: Birth control...

It just comes off as her being "too open" - literally.

Edit: I just read the part about using the toy - eugh that's a bit beyond.

Lol... and I just know her Mom will call her tomorrow and ask if she tried the toy and how was it.

And I thought MY mother was too close for comfort!

If your girlfriend thinks she really upset her mother, it might be best to bring it up saying something like "I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. It's true that I felt a bit awkward shopping for toys with you - I want my sex life to remain private. I really appreciate that we are so close that you felt comfortable taking me with you, and I'm so happy that you're trying to spend time with me. I was just thinking, maybe we could ... fill in the blank ... (try out the new restaurant in town together, take a class at the gym together) ... sometime next week? I think it would be really fun!" or something similar.

I think it's ok for her to let her mom know that she just doesn't feel comfortable shopping for sex toys together - but when she says it she should emphasize that she appreciates the effort to spend time together and that she wants to have quality time with her mom too.

The problem is that everytime she goes to USE the toy, thoughts about her mother will pop in here head, and if that doesnt kill sex, I dont know what will.

There are plenty of other ways for her to get close to her daughter. I mean I reckon lingerie shopping would be appropriate, but that would be as far as I would go- if my mother was still alive that is.

She shouldnt feel bad about feeling awkward, and she shouldnt have to apologise. Her mother should know better.

Frankly i dont know how u are going to be able to use this sex toy now.

The problem is that everytime she goes to USE the toy, thoughts about her mother will pop in here head, and if that doesnt kill sex, I dont know what will.

There are plenty of other ways for her to get close to her daughter. I mean I reckon lingerie shopping would be appropriate, but that would be as far as I would go- if my mother was still alive that is.

She shouldnt feel bad about feeling awkward, and she shouldnt have to apologise. Her mother should know better.

Frankly i dont know how u are going to be able to use this sex toy now.

Yeah I am sorry that would just GROSS ME OUT Her mom is trying TOO TOO hard to be a gf and not a mom.

Archived