men: what type of girl do you like?

Caterina

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are Ghost....

No, its not a myth, well I'm Mexican American..... I'm a single woman with a good income and I like to put my money where I can see it....on my feet.

Attempts at individuation that can only be expressed by explicitly capitalistic means are just that, attempts and nothing more...

Attempts at individuation that can only be expressed by explicitly capitalistic means are just that, attempts and nothing more...

Maybe in your opinion, people only treat themselves to get attention from others.

We tend to treat ourselves for our own happiness, not to get attention from others per se.

The problem being that consumerism as a source of happiness fails...quite mightily in fact.

The idea is to be happy and balanced without but then to treat ourselves if we shall feel like doing so. I have no doubt that amt is just as happy without the shoes as she is with. I don't really buy many shoes... I have a closet full and well... I don't splurge so much these days. But I look forward to the day I can!

Stardusk - I'd love it if you'd start a thread all about how your country and people are better than ours. Not being sarcastic either. I realize that many other nations frown on us. I'd like to know why. And the way of living for the people that do frown on us.

I mean shoes as an example. Do the women only have one pair of shoes there?

The problem being that consumerism as a source of happiness fails...quite mightily in fact.

In the words of Oscar wilde

"When I was young, I thought that money could buy happiness. Now that I am old, I know it".

One of my favourite quotes of all time.

Also, I agree with Amj. I'll save up and buy things that I like just because I like them. Not to attract other people. I often walk around my own home with new clothes, looking nice. As a way to treat myself and just be happy with how I look.

I wouldn't consider it materialistic since I don't base my confidence or my stock in others based on what they wear. I also don't like the idea of expressing oneself by outer appearance. I prefer to express myself through words and actions. It's like a frame on a painting in my opinion. It's nice when it's fancy but it really doesn't effect the painting.

In the words of Oscar wilde

"When I was young, I thought that money could buy happiness. Now that I am old, I know it".

One of my favourite quotes of all time.

Also, I agree with Amj. I'll save up and buy things that I like just because I like them. Not to attract other people. I often walk around my own home with new clothes, looking nice. As a way to treat myself and just be happy with how I look.

I wouldn't consider it materialistic since I don't base my confidence or my stock in others based on what they wear. I also don't like the idea of expressing oneself by outer appearance. I prefer to express myself through words and actions. It's like a frame on a painting in my opinion. It's nice when it's fancy but it really doesn't effect the painting.

lol OMG I thought I was the only person who did this!

The idea is to be happy and balanced without but then to treat ourselves if we shall feel like doing so.

Stardusk - I'd love it if you'd start a thread all about how your country and people are better than ours. Not being sarcastic either. I realize that many other nations frown on us. I'd like to know why. And the way of living for the people that do frown on us.

I live in America and already know he's right. I think it'd be bad for us if we as Americans even bothered to have this discussion because of the amount of dirt they have on us. We'd get slaughtered on everything from education to the economy.

As far as women, I tend to like loner-types. I don't mean depressed or socially inept or anything like that, just someone who prefers to do their own thing instead of party with 10-20 retards.

Intelligence, compassion, non-religious, brunettes, football fans, and any woman who knows 10 of the bands I listen to gets a thumbs up from me.

P.S. Money = happiness tends to not be a respected argument amongst those of us who have it because we realize it can only do so much.

The idea is to be happy and balanced without but then to treat ourselves if we shall feel like doing so. I have no doubt that amt is just as happy without the shoes as she is with. I don't really buy many shoes... I have a closet full and well... I don't splurge so much these days. But I look forward to the day I can!

I am American...in addition to being European. I have a good basis of comparison though it has been many years since I have lived there and I grew up in NYC, which of course does not count...

I am American...in addition to being European. I have a good basis of comparison though it has been many years since I have lived there and I grew up in NYC, which of course does not count...

I find a lot of people dislike their home countries. Just a trend I have seen.

I know a lot of asian students who love american culture and I know a lot of americans who faun over european culture.

I, myself, am in love with both Japanese and pacific island cultures.

However, I do not dislike american culture. It will always be a part of me.

I live in America and already know he's right. I think it'd be bad for us if we as Americans even bothered to have this discussion because of the amount of dirt they have on us. We'd get slaughtered on everything from education to the economy.

As far as women, I tend to like loner-types. I don't mean depressed or socially inept or anything like that, just someone who prefers to do their own thing instead of party with 10-20 retards.

Intelligence, compassion, non-religious, brunettes, football fans, and any woman who knows 10 of the bands I listen to gets a thumbs up from me.

P.S. Money = happiness tends to not be a respected argument amongst those of us who have it because we realize it can only do so much.

Human beings, by their very nature are rather ill conceived for happiness; philosophically one can either argue that craving ought to be satiated (a Western, capitalistic thought) or craving ought to be eliminated (an Eastern, Buddhist thought). I tend not to think in categories of happiness and unhappiness as I find them useless. Interesting and disinteresting, however, are very useful categories.

I find a lot of people dislike their home countries. Just a trend I have seen.

I know a lot of asian students who love american culture and I know a lot of americans who faun over european culture.

I, myself, am in love with both Japanese and pacific island cultures.

However, I do not dislike american culture. It will always be a part of me.

A trend? Hardly. I am both Hungarian and American...and nothing at the same time. I don't think much of national identity but certain American stereotypes can be quite irksome, i.e. the shoe obsession. I am also an avid critic of American politics, in particular American foreign policy. How American women can obsess over shoes when an illegal invasion of another country and a massively wasteful war is waged is beyond me.

A trend? Hardly. I am both Hungarian and American...and nothing at the same time. I don't think much of national identity but certain American stereotypes can be quite irksome, i.e. the shoe obsession. I am also an avid critic of American politics, in particular American foreign policy. How American women can obsess over shoes when an illegal invasion of another country and a massively wasteful war is waged is beyond me.

Start a thread then. You are way off topic on this one. And Political debates are not allowed either by the way.

Sorry to hijack the topic, you will never know what you got Tyler until you see what is happening outside America.

Archived