don't ever give up

Caterina

I am now in that very same position. Last week, my old love and my daughter crossed paths. He asked about me, wanted to know if I was involved with someone. She gave him my number.

I don't want to give up on the idea that he and I could end up together again.

I believe that if a person has enough positive thoughts about something or someone, that something usually good results.

I read a saying somewhere that said, "don't ever give up on someone you think about every day." Is this stupid or true? I think about someone every day, but it doesn't mean anything...to me it just seems like a waste of time and that I should move on.

it depends. if that person doesn't feel the same then what can you do? best to move on if it is a case of unrequited love.

but.. if it's a old flame or something, i agree maybe you should try getting in touch or something.

Well you don’t have to stalk someone just to let him / her know that you are still interested. If you think about someone everyday, I guess its worth trying.

If they think about you the same way, then thats great. But I'll give you just a little example. I have a friend who has had a crush on me for many years. I know he's intersted, I get it. I've made it clear i'm not. So when he pulls that stuff, its just irritating & I feel like we have to go all the way back to square one. I love him to death, but I'm not changing my opinion on dating him. Never have, never will.

If they think about you the same way, then thats great. But I'll give you just a little example. I have a friend who has had a crush on me for many years. I know he's intersted, I get it. I've made it clear i'm not. So when he pulls that stuff, its just irritating & I feel like we have to go all the way back to square one. I love him to death, but I'm not changing my opinion on dating him. Never have, never will.

I know what you mean. We had a bump in our relationship long ago and almost all of my friends said its not gonna work. I tried hard and we are so glad that I did.

I know what you mean. We had a bump in our relationship long ago and almost all of my friends said its not gonna work. I tried hard and we are so glad that I did.

If both parties are invested in some way, that will be the difference that makes it. But I do cringe just a bit when I hear "don't give up" b/c there may be a person at the other end that really wishes they would give up.

Im glad it worked for you, but it sounds like you both must have maintained a spark.

If both parties are invested in some way, that will be the difference that makes it. But I do cringe just a bit when I hear "don't give up" b/c there may be a person at the other end that really wishes they would give up.

Im glad it worked for you, but it sounds like you both must have maintained a spark.

Makes sense Karma......I feel that way about the idiot. I guess he thinks about me all the time and doesn't feel the need to give up just yet, I on the other hand wish he would just cut it out.

Hmmmm....Now I need to re-think everything.

Makes sense Karma......I feel that way about the idiot. I guess he thinks about me all the time and doesn't feel the need to give up just yet, I on the other hand wish he would just cut it out.

Hmmmm....Now I need to re-think everything.

Wow.....You are re-thinking EVERYTHING...just 'cause of some stupid crap I say???? Silly girl.

There comes a time when prudent people realize that something is not going to work out and they choose to spend their time on more productive activities. In the area of a person you like, i think that if you make yourself available for a few months and nothing comes of it, it is time to move on.

if by chance something comes of it in the future, cool. But to waste anymore time on it by hoping and wishing it becomes unproductive and will limit your chances of meeting other people who might be better suited to you.

Just because we think of a person everyday does not mean they will ever like us the same. I am not sure why the people who told you to "not give up" on a person you think of everyday told you that. if a person has their mind set on a celeb, and thinks of him/her everday, you think they shoudl'nt give up this notion?

Sounds stalkerish to me to not give up once you have given someone adequate time to make a move.

I think putting your life on hold by thinking and waiting for someone is wasting your God-given, precious life. If it was a healthy relationship, you would never have broken up. Time after time this has been proven to me. And while you are hung up on the past, a wonderful person could be missed.

I think the saying is good when it applies to someone who has been through an injury and is learning how to use body parts again. Don't ever give up...they'll learn how to walk again!

As for romantic relationships. I think it only applies if both people were in love. If there was never love to begin with...well then there's was nothing there to hold on to.

I read a saying somewhere that said, "don't ever give up on someone you think about every day." Is this stupid or true? I think about someone every day, but it doesn't mean anything...to me it just seems like a waste of time and that I should move on.

You may not always know whether or not the other person has mutual feelings for you...heck you may never know and dont let that hold you back from leading a normal life. But sometimes just thinking of the person is the only medication that will help. So I say it's true but TRY and get through every day ya

Archived