don't ever give up

Caterina

I read a saying somewhere that said, "don't ever give up on someone you think about every day." Is this stupid or true? I think about someone every day, but it doesn't mean anything...to me it just seems like a waste of time and that I should move on.

I couldn't say this is stupid, but at worst it's a recipe for hopeless longing for someone you really shouldn't be wasting your thinking time on!

Sometimes it's better to admit defeat, give up, recognise the other person's 'just not that into us' and move on with life!

I feel i should share my opinion here ...

Everytime when a this subject is discussed the opinion "you should move on" appears ... excuse my french but THIS IS CRAP, this isnt's a decision like buying a car or something, you could say to yourself this for a million times it won't get to your heart and you'll end up living heart broken and wondering why you never find love again. I speak from experience here when i say: if you don't understand deeply why you and that person cannot be together, witch means looking for answers (sometimes desperately) you move on only on the surface and inside you remain inlove (thereforee you're on a constant battle with yourself and this is not good). Only after i did this the person that i thought of many years of my life remained just a very nice memory. It is not a conscient decision when you fall inlove so why should it be when you un-fall (to say so). I am now in the same situation and it scares me when i think what year it was when we last broke up but i always try to remaind myself: this is life, this is it, if i force myself to forget her as "they" say i should i will die on the inside (and this is not an option for me, i would rather die for good then do that)....i will fight and i think everybody should do the same .... as i say: life is like climbing a mountain, very beautiful but not easy ....... let's not give up

I read a saying somewhere that said, "don't ever give up on someone you think about every day." Is this stupid or true? I think about someone every day, but it doesn't mean anything...to me it just seems like a waste of time and that I should move on.

I believe in never giving up on goals and dreams and things you truly desire and want and are willing to work towards. But i am not sure how this relates to people. If someone doesnt feel the same it could well be a waste of a life time. It's a big chance to take to hope that some day they may turn around and love you or want you or feel the same.

Makes sense Karma......I feel that way about the idiot. I guess he thinks about me all the time and doesn't feel the need to give up just yet, I on the other hand wish he would just cut it out.

Hmmmm....Now I need to re-think everything.

I think you should too, it is possible that you don't have and will never have feelings for him in witch case at least you can give him the chance to understand that (and this idea is for the previous reply too), or you loved him and he hurt you and now love turned to hate and you don't what to know nothing about him anymore ........ or maybe he is the man of your dreams but you don't see it yet .........everything is possible, the problem i think is that we are not open enough to accept that

Archived