weekends are the worse

I used to can't wait for the weekends but now I fear how lonely I will be. The first few weeks of my break-up, I packed my weekends with going out with friends but this weekend I just want to be alone, yet I don't want to feel so lonely. I really don't want to go out with my friends and have to put a smile on my face when in reality I just want to cry. I just feel that sadness and fear intensifying as it is getting closer to the weekend.

I used to can't wait for the weekends but now I fear how lonely I will be. The first few weeks of my break-up, I packed my weekends with going out with friends but this weekend I just want to be alone, yet I don't want to feel so lonely. I really don't want to go out with my friends and have to put a smile on my face when in reality I just want to cry. I just feel that sadness and fear intensifying as it is getting closer to the weekend.

So have a good cry. Stay home tonight and cry. Get it out of your system. Cry until you're tired of crying. It can be therapeutic for some people. You won't get closure until you allow yourself to mourn the loss of this relationship.

Hopefully you'll be feeling better by tomorrow (I just realized with spell check I have been spelling this word wrong my entire life), and will want to go out with your friends. Just take it easy, and try to focus on yourself and what's best for you.

Maybe one of your friends will want to come over and have a low key evening, so you aren't lonely but don't necessarily have to go out.

I know what you mean. What helps me is working on a project. LAst weekend I cleaned out my office and re decorated it. It is also VERY theraputic to get all the old stuff out of your life! Find a project you can do around the house. Clean out the closet, paint a room, reorginize. Or get a cookbook and pick a recipe that sounds good to you and throw yourself into making that dish or dessert or whatever. Try to find things to do that will give you a sense of accomplishment after you're done.

This will be my first weekend since the break up that I will be out with friends. All the other weekends I have stayed home. The first couple, I moped around and cried a lot. But then I thought how silly that was and how crappy it was making me feel. Throw yourself into something. Read a book, do a puzzle...just get your mind off it.

Hugs and good luck!

weekends are really the worst. that is why, after having a few bad weekends, i decided to do the ff:

1. stay away from excessive partying (which leads to drunk dialing in my case)

2. have a plan of action when i get lonely (it can be something as simple as posting in this forum or i could treat myself to a play, etc etc)

3. work on myself instead of obsessing about the loss (by reading self-help books)

4. treat myself (by doing things i enjoy)

5. work on my goals (i have recently bought a place of my own so i am spending time thinking about the interior design)

yeppers....i know what you mean .....the weekends ........because you know they are just out there living it up ........I'm happy for them in my own sick sort of way even though I really miss mine .......

been 2 months for me now .......seems like an eternity and a living hell all at once.....

I feel like I'm trapped in some sort of time warp and I can't seem to fill the time void I used to spend with her .........oh do we miss them so ......

Time to heal now though ......

get some kleenex ........

Hang in there .......here we are crying about them and they might be out there laughing at us.

i agree with just letting it out. there is nothing wrong with taking time to heal. i am home right now for that very reason. i just don't feel like going out tonight and having fun, i want to cry a little tonight and that's just fine. it feels good to just let it all out, and maybe you'll want to go out tomorrow, who knows?!

i know that with my ex, we didn't necessarily go out every weekend, but at least i was with him watching tv instead of myself. i feel it, too. i assume a lot of people do. and it's normal.

just cry. it's okay. and i'll be on my computer all night probably, so you'll always have someone to talk to!

Archived