Interested or not?

Clarity

I won't go into the details, I just want some quick unbiased opinions:

* Met girl online, chatted on IM for a week or two

* Went on first date with girl, did a variety of things (driving range, mini golf, ice cream, walk in the park). I had fun, enjoyed her company, I thought she had fun - date ended with a polite hug.

* Sent txt message day after saying i had a good time - no response.

* IM'd her two days after, we talked very briefly, it seemed like a brush off to me (can't talk right now, busy, gotta go, etc.), so I wrote her off, deleted the contact

* about a week after the date, she IMs me (I deleted her, not blocked), just some random stuff, mentioned something funny that happened during the date - I respond, but am not pursuing, because I had put her out of my mind after being blown off

Ladies, especially, if you had no interest in the guy in this scenario - is there any chance you would still IM him later on? Maybe because you're just bored? Or does the fact that she IM'd me mean that there is interest there?

Well I'm female and if it were me and I wasn't interested in that way, then no, I wouldn't have im'd you again....I'm not one for giving false hope and particularly when I know a guy likes me. I avoid him, hoping he will get the msg....

That isn't saying however, that I think she's interested because she im'd. She may just see you as a friend, she could have been bored, she could be confused as to how she's feeling...could be one of many things, why she chose to im...

But people who are interested, don't normally wait a week to talk again....

But people who are interested, don't normally wait a week to talk again....

Excellent point, thanks!

I might IM her again soon and if I sense any sort of interest, I will just bluntly ask for a 2nd date - but given that this is not the only girl I'm in this process with, I'm not too hung up on it - I had forgotten about it until the confusing IM arrived...

I would not have deleted her, but rather put her on the back burner, and pursued dates with other people. If she gets back to you arrange another, have fun, but don't get your hopes up.

You can't assume anything about her or how she feels, she probably doesn't know herself.

I would not have deleted her, but rather put her on the back burner, and pursued dates with other people. If she gets back to you arrange another, have fun, but don't get your hopes up.

You can't assume anything about her or how she feels, she probably doesn't know herself.

She can't tell if I've deleted her - it just means she doesn't show up on my IM when she's online.

In my opinion, she is definitely not interested. I don't use "AIM" anymore....but what are you doing talking to her on AIM? Use the phone. And sometimes people are on AIM and bored so they IM anyone they see on....a girl that is interested will not brush you off and wait a week to contact you randomly through "AIM".....I say no, but to make sure simply ask her out again. You will then know.

Archived