my beliefs

swift44

I jus wanted to tell about how i feel about God and hopefully you can look into what i have to say and hopefully you will be able to find God in your life, To me God is my biggest ispiriation, he has done so much for us and we should learn to respect and love him with all our hearts. we should try our hardest to become good people and follow in his footsteps. we must also learn to avoid those sins which are a part of everyday life and are considered natural instincs such as masturbation and lustful thoughts. God exist to me and if you dont believe him it is alright and i hope you find something to believe in . I just wanted to put how i feel about this issue, please write about how you feel.

Your love for God is impressive, but I don't see how masterbation would be considered a sin. There certainly is nothing in the Bible regarding masterbation.

Also, lustful thoughts make you human. Pray you don't have them, but don't put unrealistic expectations on yourself.

That's like saying if you sin you are evil. No, if you sin you are HUMAN and you need to pray for forgiveness and to be corrected by God.

lustful thoughts are a sin because it depicts women and sex in a way God did not intend for us to use it, he gave it to us as a a gift not as a selffish way to enjoy ourselves,

Also, lustful thoughts make you human.

that is what i meant by considering it natural , alot of things we feel make us human but it is still wrong such as the fact that people may at times feel the need to kill or steal it doesnt make it right. but i do appreciate you putting up a post thank you

As for the masturbation i just heard it was a sin so i dont want to risk it , just cause the bible didnt say it was a sin doesnt mean that is isnt one.

As for the masturbation i just heard it was a sin so i dont want to risk it , just cause the bible didnt say it was a sin doesnt mean that is isnt one.

Wow, basing your life around what "you've heard." That's a great standard to live by.

lustful thoughts are a sin because it depicts women and sex in a way God did not intend for us to use it, he gave it to us as a a gift not as a selffish way to enjoy ourselves

Sorry guy, but what makes people want to have sex? Lust. If there was no craving for sex (i.e. lust) then we wouldn't be hear today. Lust is natural whether you accept it or not. It is the driving force behind procreation. Like I said, take BIO 101 again if you're going to make such drastic claims.

lust and and wanting to have sex is kinda different, wanting to have sex and doing it wit the one you love or whoever you do it wit is different then sitting in bed beating off while thinking about nailing some one , understand and as for believing wat i hear that just goes wit my faithnot wit wat other people say. do u believing God? the only way we kno about him is through wat we lerned and read even though there is no actual evidence but we still believe him..... its called faith you should try to have some.

please tell me how am i wrong?

plus you seem to be lacking faith, you seem to be using the *Its natural* to justifieyour actions, if you do masturbate or have lustful thoughts.

but even thought there are no actual statement s on masturbation i have have enough love in God to even avoid anything that is even possibly considered a sin. lustful thoughts isnt the same as being horny or watever, it is quite possible to be horny and not think of womrn in a disrespectful manner if you have the willpower, but lustful thoughts is thinking of things such as engaging in sexual acts with a gir if she was your girlfriend or not. using lustful thoughts is a sin in my eyes if your gonna object please state better reasons for your beliefs than just. " wrong again"

if your gonna object please state better reasons for your beliefs than just. " wrong again"

Okay. Here is the definition of lust: "Intense sexual craving." Here is the definition of horny: "Desirous of sexual activity." Both convey the same meaning, none of which you stated above.

it is quite possible to be horny and not think of womrn in a disrespectful manner

It is quite possible to be lustful and not think of a woman in a disrespectful manner as well.

plus you seem to be lacking faith, you seem to be using the *Its natural* to justifieyour actions

Sorry buddy, but having faith has nothing to do with my views on what is natural. Your assumption about my faith is based on unsubstantial evidence as are the rest of your arguments. Take some of your own advice and state better reasons for your beliefs.

It is quite possible to be lustful and not think of a woman in a disrespectful manner as well.

if your horny crave sex you dont have to think about engaging in sexual activivites,

but if you are having lustful thought as in daydreaming about sex than that is different than have a boner.

and dont u think if you had alot more faith you would avoid things which are possibly sin to make God happy, plus dont forget about original sin theses natural thoughts may fall in this category so just cause its natural doesnt mean its right. a nother example of what is natural but can be wrong is violence or fighting. we are born with the instincs to fight, but it doesnt justifie you actions

if you feel that you do have alot of faith then sorry for my accusations but try t understand what i am saying dont be too quick to fight for what is natural, because it isnt always the right thing to do.

lol this argument is interesting alright it says in the 10 commandments thou shall not commit adultry it doesnt say thou shalt not beat the friggin meat buddy i was recently confirmed into the hristian faith and u could murder u could steal god will forgive u for anything but geeze u might aswell enjoy life eh yea yea thats right and sex is a part of life he will forgive just liek the sayin sex is evil evil is sin sins are forgiven so stick it in i mean that a harsh way of puttin we can have sex and be forgiven dont worry bout it the lord is great yes but enjoy life

its weird how sex seems to come into the majority of things, but then again it is important.

i never really read much into the bible but i always used to remember about adam and eve, and the making of eve.

but one thing with the bible from there on god didnt just place people on the world, intercourse must have taken place and in my eyes lust as said from down_in_a_whole does need some size or amount of lust. its not a sin but an emotion that your body experiances, a reflex and not sometimes in a bad sense but within a grateful way.

as for beliefs i have to thank you swift44 to being open to others views at the start, i dont believe in god, but that may be that i wasnt brought up with the knowledge or will to focus on that particular thing.

i do though have faith. but as always there are several lengths and differences within religions, like the length in which we believe or obide by things.

as mentioned in a post before i have said that no i dont believe in god, but sometimes when bad happens its the only time i do believe. life for me has been based upon reflex and open judgement. i dont disagree with your views, but only question the ability to have such power etc.

simple things can be the hardest to explain, especially when truly and honestly they cant be proven

great topic though, and nice arguments at least we get to see your true extent in beliefs, in some sense the disgreements lead us to understand more! (enlightening if you get me)

kel