Very lengthy read, Pt. 2 (Not so "lengthy" anymore!)

MattW

Either way, it's really weird (and exciting, to be honest, heh) to think that, if all goes well, I could be seeing this girl in person for the first time in nearly seven years, in just a matter of weeks. Now I just gotta hope I can "work my magic" and convince her that she should give me a shot, heh...

Since you haven't seen this girl in 7 years, don't look at it as you convincing her to give you a shot. Remember, you have NO idea what she is really like now, as an adult. You knew her as a child. You should look at the get together with her as both of you getting reacquainted, and you figuring out whether or not she is someone you'd be interested in getting to know better or dating.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. I think I just meant that last bit in sort of a rhetorical way, though. Like, if I feel we DO have chemistry after seeing her again, I hope I can get her to see past my shortcomings enough to get her to date me. Yanno?

True. I think I just meant that last bit in sort of a rhetorical way, though. Like, if I feel we DO have chemistry after seeing her again, I hope I can get her to see past my shortcomings enough to get her to date me. Yanno?

We all have shortcomings. I am sure she has shortcomings that you would have to see past. Nobody is perfect. So don't focus on your shortcomings...focus on all your wonderful attributes. When people care about others the shortcomings can be dealt with as long as they are not self-destructive ones like major addictions.

We all have shortcomings. I am sure she has shortcomings that you would have to see past. Nobody is perfect. So don't focus on your shortcomings...focus on all your wonderful attributes. When people care about others the shortcomings can be dealt with as long as they are not self-destructive ones like major addictions.

Yeah. Yanno, I've been doing some thinking; back when this girl knew me in school, I was pretty much just this shy, quiet little kid, to her. So, maybe if I could show her that I've really changed a lot and grown out of all that, maybe that'll get her to overlook my imperfections, like my height, and stuff. Think that'd be a good angle to come at this?

Huh. So, she answered that message I had sent her about a week ago, and I'm not really sure what to make of it. She didn't even mention the breakup, she just said that summer's been going great. So... Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? o_O I checked her MySpace page to see if maybe they got back together, or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case; she even took down all the pics she had with him. I'm guessing the reason they broke up had something to do with some lie he told, because her headline on her page says "I hate liars". Just a guess, though. Oh well.

Well, maybe she is actually happy about the breakup.

Yeah, that thought popped into my head; that'd probably eliminate (or at least decrease the chances of) the whole "rebound" issue, don't ya think? 'Course, I don't want to get my hopes up on that... But, I'm edging closer to finally talk to her about meeting up, and I'm pretty excited about that.

On an unrelated note, I had, what I think was, a pretty good job interview today, so I'm hoping I get this one. The best part was, the lady that interviewed me was shorter than I was! It was hilarious! lol

Yeah, that thought popped into my head; that'd probably eliminate (or at least decrease the chances of) the whole "rebound" issue, don't ya think? 'Course, I don't want to get my hopes up on that... But, I'm edging closer to finally talk to her about meeting up, and I'm pretty excited about that.

On an unrelated note, I had, what I think was, a pretty good job interview today, so I'm hoping I get this one. The best part was, the lady that interviewed me was shorter than I was! It was hilarious! lol

Hmm..well is htis lady single. LOL Glad that your job interview went well. I just spent part of the afternoon and evening working on a document for work..but I did manage to get out this morning and enjoy the weather.

Just keep up your good and positive mood.

Well, it's been almost four days since that interview, and I never heard back, so I guess I didn't get the job. That kinda sucks, especially because the lady that interviewed me really seemed to be pulling for me (she was a lot more friendly than any other people that interviewed me for jobs in the past). It's also a bit more frustrating, because apparently that store needed new workers pretty badly, and I even expressed interest in more than one job position, which I thought they considered a plus.

What's worse is, things are kind of winding down with me and eBay, so I'm almost left with very little cash, and my "income" is starting to decrease by quite a bit. Meh, why does it have to be so hard to get a job, these days? >_

That's not to say I'll be using that as an excuse to postpone meeting up with this girl, but it's pretty annoying to think that, if her and I DO hit it off and try a LDR, I won't even have the money to pay for the gas to go see her... Or be able to take her a whole lot of places, either...

Four days is not that long. If they don't call you by tomorrow, call the store and ask what is going on- I usually say something to the effect of "was wondering what the status of my application is." It shows that you're interested and persistent.

Yanno, as much as I'm stressing myself out about this girl, I can't help but sort of laugh at how all the irony from these last few months; let me show you what I mean through this little timeline of events:

- I find this girl online, and get all excited, only to find out she has a boyfriend.

- Regardless, I start making plans around her, even wanting to go to the same school as her just to be closer to her; in the meantime, I begin to realize that she seemed really happy with her boyfriend, and start to think that they'll be together for a very long time.

- So, I come to my senses, stop focusing so much on her, decide to focus more on me, even put plans in motion to attend a school that's closer to me, then bam, she and her boyfriend split up.

Now, is it me, or does the world just like screwing with me? >_

For some reason, I can't seem to find the phone number. o_O I think it's kind of a new store, so maybe it hasn't been added to the phone books, yet...? It also doesn't help matters that my mom and dad frequently delete the numbers off the caller ID on the phones in this house... >_

Check online. The site I use is link removed, they are updated constantly. If you aren't able to find the phone number you need to stop in and talk to a manager, if you want this job. We're in a tough economy, and people are only going to hire the people that are the most determined and want the job the most.

Ugh... Well, it really brings me down having to say this, but now more problems have surfaced that I have to work through that could very well destroy my hopes of getting together with this girl this summer. I don't want to talk about them, but they don't relate to this girl at all, just things I have to resolve. And I know, you guys have came down on me for making excuses, but it's not like that; these issues are things that would actually prevent me from meeting up with her, and getting to spend the remainder of the summer with her.

Honest-to-God, I really was planning to give this a go, and it really, REALLY depresses me that I may lose this oppurtunity, to the point where I even feel sick to my stomach. I suppose if I'm REALLY lucky, I can get these issues taken care of with enough time to spare, but there's so little time left until she goes back to school, that I'm beginning to lose hope... Maybe the universe is trying to keep us apart? Eh, I just don't know anymore...

If worse comes to worse, I guess I'll just have to see where she's at during the winter break (although, that's not a very long break), or maybe even next summer. I don't know that I can wait that long, though, especially considering she's bound to meet some one new and start dating again. Who knows if she'll be single again? Meh... I'm so depressed, and just really frustrated with everything... *sigh*

Well, relationships don't just stop for problems. There are always problems in life and things to sort out. If people let those things get in the way of relationships, there would be no relationships at all. When people want a relationship badly enough, they work around the other issues...they just don't throw in the towel and say "oh well". You have posts regarding moving away from home for the opportunity your uncle had for you, but choosing instead to stay in your home town; thinking of going to the college she is at and then instead choosing the local community college, and now not being able to follow through after all the posts upon posts about this woman. It is about never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity. It is very sad that you are losing out because you can't follow through. I have met a lot of people who talk big but when it comes right down to it, they are not really interested in following through on all the talk. They end up missing out on so much and after awhile they end up losing credibility and the respect of others. Actions speak louder than words...lots of talk and no action will ultimately not serve you well as you go on in life.

I know, but like I said, these problems will actually prevent me from seeing her. These aren't just things I'm insecure about, or anything like that. I really DO want to follow through with this, and I almost feel physically sick thinking that these problems may screw everything up... I think there's only 5-6 weeks before she goes back to school, and I guess there's a small chance I may be able to work out these problems with enough time to get something going, but I'm really starting to feel hopeless.

I know, but like I said, these problems will actually prevent me from seeing her. These aren't just things I'm insecure about, or anything like that. I really DO want to follow through with this, and I almost feel physically sick thinking that these problems may screw everything up... I think there's only 5-6 weeks before she goes back to school, and I guess there's a small chance I may be able to work out these problems with enough time to get something going, but I'm really starting to feel hopeless.

So out of all this time left there is not one day that you can actually work this through? Perhaps it is best at this point to write this one off as something that was never meant to be. She will be going back to school and chances are she will meet someone else so by the time she comes back for the break or next summer, she will be involved with someone else. Your window of opportunity is pretty much gone now.

It's just things that may require at least a few weeks to work out. If I REALLY REALLY push myself, I *might* be able to pull it off in a shorter amount of time, but I can't really tell just yet. Either way, I don't think that this is something I could just write off completely, with this girl. Hell, it's been nearly 14, 15 years since I met (and fell for) her, and I haven't made much progress getting over her yet. So, I don't know how letting this go will help me, in that regard.

Well, I got a little adrenaline rush, and sent her a message bringing up the idea of meeting up. Prolly shoulda had you guys read it over, but at this point, I just want to show you that I'm not just "chickening out" here. How this'll work out, I have no idea.

Archived