Very lengthy read, Pt. 2 (Not so "lengthy" anymore!)

MattW

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found her number by accident a while back, but I've never asked her about "officially" exchanging numbers.

Wow you are the King of inaction...ha ha ha.Well send her an e mail or use MSN and ask for her phone number.If a girl does not give you her number then you are dead in the water.Do this now so you can get your answer as soon as possible.

Yeah... Alright, so I just sent her a light little message just saying "hey, how you doing? haven't heard from ya in a little while just to sort of see where she stands. Before I wrote her that, though, I took a look back at the last message I sent her, and after rereading it, I guess I was kind of hard to interpret; I guess it could've sounded like I was flat out asking her out on a date, but at the same time, I wasn't clear on it. Maybe that's a possible reason for her lack of response; maybe she thinks it'd be too awkward to ask me to clear that up for her, because if I WAS asking her out straight away, that'd be a little creepy, but if I wasn't and I specifically had to tell her that, that'd be like egg on her face. Ah well, I won't bother playing this guessing game. I'll just have to see if/ how she responds, now.

I dunno, I guess leave it alone for a while, then. If anything, I'll either wait a while, then try to stay in contact, or just back off completely, and maybe try to revisit this in a few years, if I haven't found some one new. If that's an option, I mean; I don't know whether or not I'm in so deep now that even in a few years it'll be too awkward to try again.

Heh, I dunno... I guess because there's already some familiarity there, and that makes me feel a little more comfortable thinking about interacting with her.

I think this is the crux of the matter- you somehow thought that since you already "knew" this girl that this was a way around facing your fears about interacting with girls.

Either way, if she replies to this new message or not, I hope you concentrate on meeting some new people when you start college in the fall.

I think this is the crux of the matter- you somehow thought that since you already "knew" this girl that this was a way around facing your fears about interacting with girls.

*Shrugs* Maybe, but to be fair, I don't really have a whole lot of trouble interacting with girls in general. I had a few female friends back in high school, and I got along fine with them. 'Course, I wasn't interested in them "romantically" (nor were they in me), but still. Anyway, with this girl I've been writing about, yeah, I don't know much about what she's like now just yet, but she's not a total stranger to me, and I think that'd make it easier for me to overcome that initial "shyness" I feel around some one new.

lol So, I'm actually going to be in this girl's town quite a bit, today. I'm a little nervous that I might run into her, or something. I'll also be taking my placement tests for college (which actually happens to be in her city; heh, she even told me she was taking a class there this summer), and maybe student orientation.

Archived