Mother presures me to lose wight....

I love my mum, honestly I do. Shes the best and we get on great.

I think she has a touch of OCD because she is obsesed with her wieght. 50 year old women with 6packs don't just live in holly wood. She diets almost consistantly, exersizes alot and is no afraid a of discussing it.

comenly used phrases include.

"I got such a fright when i got on the scales. I'M (my weight) I can't believe im so fat"

"I just can know I have to controll what I'm eating until..."

"cheese and mayonasie, they are the worst for me..."

I could honsetly go on all day. None of this bothers me however, when she starts saying things to me or about me it can be quite hurtfull...

eg.

"you just need to count your calories thats all"

"you are about average in size"

"everyone wated to be petit in my day..."

"when i was your age I weighted ...."

"when i was your age i was a size x " or "I ran x miles a day", or "I ate x"

You get the idea. Basically thinks Im not slim enough. Not that Im over wight or un healthy but simply that i dont look nice. And she can be quite awful about it. She bought me a weighing scales last week

I'm at home at the min and I feel like i cant eat anything without her looking at me like dirt. What should I do? how should I feel? How should I act?

Please help. I'm starting to feel like she is right and Im obese which I am'nt. Im 34 29 38 at 5 foot 9 thats no half bad... But here i feel obese ....help!!!!!

oh i had the mom that was obsessed with weight too..i rebelled... got myself up to a whopping 260 lbs... that took me 5 yrs to lose that weight.

The best thing that i can tell you is to just be happy with yourself.. if you want to lose weight ..then lose weight ..and if don't ...then don't.

your mom's issues with weight are her issues and have nothing to do with you- she is judgmental about the way you look because she is judgmental about the SHE looks.

Thats how i broke out from under my mothers diet craze- by reminding myself that its her issue and not mine.

oh i had the mom that was obsessed with weight too..i rebelled... got myself up to a whopping 260 lbs... that took me 5 yrs to lose that weight.

The best thing that i can tell you is to just be happy with yourself.. if you want to lose weight ..then lose weight ..and if don't ...then don't.

your mom's issues with weight are her issues and have nothing to do with you- she is judgmental about the way you look because she is judgmental about the SHE looks.

Thats how i broke out from under my mothers diet craze- by reminding myself that its her issue and not mine.

Yep, I had the same pressure from my mom. Just remember that it is THEIR problem not yours. Don't make her eating disorder and obsession rub off on you. Don't let her low self-image impact your self-image. Be happy with the body you have.

Yes, it most definitely does have an impact no matter how hard you fight it. I weigh myself every day, in the morning and evening. It has become a habit...like I need to know if I went up or down a couple of pounds. I know it is obsessive to do that, but the messages are so ingrained that it is hard to let go.

Archived