Gone; my music, my life.

Yep, everything on my Ipod has deleted itself. I know it doesn't seem like much, but Music is my life (as cliche as it sounds.) I had all kinds of stuff on there that you can't find anywhere else... and that isn't even on my hard-drive anymore. I don't know why life keeps beating me when I'm down. I'm already about to lose my job, and am going through constant pain having feelings for someone that barely acknowledges my existence that probably wouldn't like me anyways, am going nowhere in my life and wishing I could just die, and music used to calm my nerves before bed, and make the pain maybe halfway copasetic... but now I don't even have THAT to help me through... There's just one more nail on the coffin that is my life. Why do things like this ALWAYS happen to me!? What did I do to deserve this... Technology sucks, especially Itunes. Cheap 300 dollar 18th birthday present piece of crap.

Oh yeah, and my CDs are SCRATCHED. ALL OF THEM. YES, I took excellent care of them... no, it didn't matter. I guess I love music THAT MUCH.

Please, God, make up your mind... either kill me already or give me a damn break!!!!!!!!

Dude I'm sorry all this has been happening to you.You just gotta dust yourself off and roll with the punches life throws at you.I remember going through a bunch of crap when I was your age and I realized that things happen in life for a reason.I don't know if your religious or not but you made a God reference,and in the bible it states God will not give you more than you can handle....so dust yourself off,be strong and know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I know it's not a small thing, especially when everything else seems to be going wrong for you. My son lost all his music awhile ago (he's 17) and he was pretty upset about it. I lost all my music once when my computer crashed.

Hang in there...things will get better, you're just going through one of those bad patches that happen to everyone from time to time. Time to start downloading some new stuff, try look at it as a new beginning.

I know what you mean. Music does so much for me, too. It always cheers me up, at least for a little while.

But there's plenty of music out there, man. Greensleeves is right, it is a new beginning. Find new songs. It sounds so simple and yet so difficult if you had that many songs, I know, but if the music really did mean that much to you, than it should be totally worth it.

I feel your pain, man. It seems as though when it rains, it indeed pours.

Dude I'm sorry all this has been happening to you.You just gotta dust yourself off and roll with the punches life throws at you.I remember going through a bunch of crap when I was your age and I realized that things happen in life for a reason.I don't know if your religious or not but you made a God reference,and in the bible it states God will not give you more than you can handle....so dust yourself off,be strong and know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

How do you explain people who commit suicide, then?

How do you explain people who commit suicide, then?

good question... it seems that "god" in theory, is like any other parent out there... when we do bad or fail or are miserable, hopeless, and/or depressed, it's never his fault. Blame satan, blame humanity, blame the stoners that hang out in the parking lot... but NEVER blame god. However, when we succeed, or get an award, or save a life, or feel good and positive... he's the first one in line waiting for the sound of his own praise.

my apologies if it's off topic, but something nagging at my mind for a while.

good question... it seems that "god" in theory, is like any other parent out there... when we do bad or fail or are miserable, hopeless, and/or depressed, it's never his fault. Blame satan, blame humanity, blame the stoners that hang out in the parking lot... but NEVER blame god. However, when we succeed, or get an award, or save a life, or feel good and positive... he's the first one in line waiting for the sound of his own praise.

my apologies if it's off topic, but something nagging at my mind for a while.

Precisely. We lavish God with praise when "He" is good and beg him to alleviate situations or make us "see the light" or "His" reason for doing something when times are tough.

The tendency to distribute attribution depending on the situation can be construed as a manifestation of a sort of vicarious self-serving bias (unless there is a more relevant cognitive bias which I'm forgetting). People are more apt to attribute goodness to God and badness to factors beyond his control (i.e. psychological positivity effect). OK, now I'm sounding like a sophomoric psychology student, but it's sure interesting to notice these established patterns in people.

Precisely. We lavish God with praise when "He" is good and beg him to alleviate situations or make us "see the light" or "His" reason for doing something when times are tough.

The tendency to distribute attribution depending on the situation can be construed as a manifestation of a sort of vicarious self-serving bias (unless there is a more relevant cognitive bias which I'm forgetting). People are more apt to attribute goodness to God and badness to factors beyond his control (i.e. psychological positivity effect). OK, now I'm sounding like a sophomoric psychology student, but it's sure interesting to notice these established patterns in people.

Holy crap... you just blew my mind. It's interesting tho... what WOULD be factors beyond a supreme being's control?

Archived