ex from 7 years ago called last night!

flower99

So an ex of mine calls last night, I was in the tub & there for didn't answer the call, I knew the machine would pick it up. He called twice, once right after the other...than left a message. I was totally shoked when I heard the message. An ex from 7 years ago...wow

This ex - we dated for 2 weeks - a month, I'm not even really sure how long..but I know it was a really short amount of time. I was 18 than & we never spoke since.

So now I'm 25, I have a 5 year old son, just got married in September...I'm 6 1/2 months Pregnant. Me & my life are completely different than back than.

Do I bother to call him back?

His message just said Hi...it's billy....I just moved into the city & thought I'd look you up in the phone book. So give me a call at ----.

I feel rude not responding at all, but at the same time...what's the point? I don't want a friendship with him. I don't want to catch up over 1 pointless call & fill him in on my life...ect. Yet I feel like I'd be rude if I don't respond...maybe i should call?? I don't know.

what do all of you think? what would you do?

You have a whole new life now, so personally I wouldn't bother. By the sounds of it, you guys didn't really have much back then anyway, I mean how much do you learn about someone in 2 weeks or so?

Also, as you said, you don't really care about friendship with him - and that's fair enough. You shouldn't feel guilty for that because he was a part of your teenage life. You're a different person to who you were back then.

Unless you really desperately want to catch up with him, I wouldn't bother.

don't call then. you tell your husband? what does he think? you don't really need another guy friend. especially out of the blue not part of your already friendly circle. know what i mean? nothing you hear from this guy is going to be 'wowie'. you have a man in your life. he should be all you need.

call him back and tell him you are married....that will end those calls

well see that would be one short ackward call. Hi billy - I'm married. Bye. lol I'd love to do that, but how??

My voice mail has me, my son & husbands name all on it. He should have pieced it together (unless he thought they were roommates or something??)

don't call then. you tell your husband? what does he think? you don't really need another guy friend. especially out of the blue not part of your already friendly circle. know what i mean? nothing you hear from this guy is going to be 'wowie'. you have a man in your life. he should be all you need.

Oh yeah I told my husband....I started laughing after I heard the message & told him.... He just said 'See ex's calling you that's another reason why we should change our number' (we've been talking about changing it since we got married, but haven't actually done it, it's still in my name)

So you don't think I have any obligation to respond? is it rude not to?

Oh yeah I told my husband....I started laughing after I heard the message & told him.... He just said 'See ex's calling you that's another reason why we should change our number' (we've been talking about changing it since we got married, but haven't actually done it, it's still in my name)

So you don't think I have any obligation to respond? is it rude not to?

why? what do you owe this guy? you dated for what almost 2 whole months wow. even if you dated for 5 years. you have still been broken up 7 years. you are married now with kids. you have a family. that should be your focus.

Archived