What does it really mean when an ex calls/ to talk about us?

Hey everyone....

I just got a call from my ex-girlfriend. We broke up 3 months ago and went out for nearly 3 years and lived together for more than 2... She's been dating this guy since 2 weeks after our break up...

Anyways she called me today and asked if we could talk about "US" and I said sure. She said she wanted to talk in person though not on the phone. I kept telling her to tell me over the phone..but insisted that she wanted to talk in person. She said it wasn't anything good or bad... Well anyways she surprised me by telling this, that she wanted to talk about US... So I said sure and we can meet sometime this week-end... Does anyone know what girls mean when they wanna talk about "US" when it has been 3 months since the break-up and she is still dating the same guy from 2 weeks after the break up? I don't really know what she's thinking..She's still with the same guy as well..

Any advice would be appreciated.

I dont think she has let go or moved on obviously I dont know what your break up was like but the fact that she went straight into another relationship leads me to believe she hasnt given herself time to think about what happened between the two of you.

Well my immediate thought is that she wants some answers, she may also have realised that the grass isnt always greener and be looking to come back into your life.

As to wanting to meet in person and not talking on the phone am thinking she may be looking at it in terms of a date, Im guessing shes not happy with her new guy am am also fairly convinced that he has no idea that she has contacted you!

Wouldnt be surprised if the honeymoon period with her new guy wasnt well and truly over and reality has now bitten!

You need to think about yourself and your feelings she has already left you for someone else once and would you be prepared to be second best to her?

Yeah that's a tricky situation.. I thought she did move on I'm not sure.. I mean the first month I was begging her back and all and just pushed her away further.But for the past month we actually have been getting along, well the best way ex's can...See her usually every 2 weeks or so..She stopped by 3 weeks ago to pick up some of her stuff from the apartment. She is always to one to contact me lately about once a week or 2..I mean the first month I was always calling but then I did the no contact thing so that I can heal.. Because the hard part is that I still love her.

But it's weird she talks about the new guy alot and was planning to go to hisparents house for xmas that lived a 15 hour drive away..

Just don't know what to think

The main question is..Should I even consider meeting up with her if she wants to talk about "US" ?? I mean I don't wanna get hurt again and move back in the healing process. I still love her and would love to try to work things out but I'm scared to get rejected again like what happened the first month.. She was the girl that wanted to marry me and have children.

tricky situation,

we have to consider number 1, and that is u! u are obviously still hurt and have feelings for her. do u think u could handle coming out of that meeting and not be sad and angry over her? it also depends on whether u want to get back with her at anytime soon. if u do, then i would go for it and meet her, and see what she has to say, but with absolutly no expectations at all. if u dont want her back, then u have nothing to lose and can go and see only what she has to say, and show that ur at least there for her if she needs u.

whether u want to get back with her not, u must go there with absolutley no expectations that maybe she wants u back. dont do it, because iv done it before, and if it doesnt happen, u will come out sick and depressed. but after 3 months, and being in a rebound relationship, i wouldnt be surprised if she said she made a big mistake. dont want to get ur hopes high though, maybe its just to ask u about some stuff u still have or some catching up.

either way its about 'us', and its gonna be in person, so im guessing it must be quite serious.

good luck,

Yeah that is a tricky one... The thing is that even though she has had a boyfriend since 2 weeks after our break up we still kept in contact.Once a week or two, always her contacting me after the I did the no contact thing after the first month. And she has already picked up most of her stuff 3 weeks ago, and if she wanted to meet me because of that then she would have just said it because she did before. I'm confused on what she really wants from me at this point? Talk about "US" after 3 months and she has a boyfriend?????What does this mean?

Thanks...even though she wants to talk about "US" for really the first time we broke up ,I'm gonna go in with no expectations, just hope for the best and that's all.. She either wants to tell me that she wants everythingg she has back and to not speak to her again or maybe she misses me now and wants to rekindle our relationship. Either one I'm cool with it now. 2 months ago would have been a different story.

Thanks.....