Late pregnancy cramping / contractions

Alezia

Omg! Yes I want to pop out the baby! I'll take tons of pictures of the new one when I get him/her. I might post pictures of the pregnancy and belly hopefully too. I want a reminder of how big I was before I deliver!

I started a journal in the journal section of the board for anyone who is interested. I just put a sample little day #1 for now as boyfriend and I will go do the groceries pretty soon.

Good News for me as well... although I am terrified....

I woke up this morning with terrible cramping... Sorry if this is TMI but when I went to the washroom I had "bloody show".... I still have a bit from time to time... I have been having contractions for 5.5 hours now but after the first hour they have ONLY been in my lower back. They are very uncomfortable but not too severe so I am not sure if I am making any progress. They have been consistant for periods of about 45minutes going from 5, 10, 20, to 6 minutes apart...

Ive showered now and am feeling better... Im putting the last few things in my hospital bag.. not sure when we should go running in...

Oh that's great news! Apparently it could probably still be quite a while until you should go to the hospital. I've been told you should wait until your contractions were regularly arriving at 5 minute intervals for about an hour! I'd suggest doing that or else you might just stress yourself waiting in the hospital (which is quite uncomfortable anyways).

I've heard you wouldn't be able to type through these contractions :S If you're already at the hospital by now though Congrats!

The h ospital is about 10min away.. I have been putting off going because my contractions havent been 5min apart but I just went to the bathroom and (sorry TMI) had alot of blood in it.. .I called the hospital and explained whats going on and they said to come in for a non stress test.... off we go...

I just wanted to share with you Mousty about my pregnancy story.

When I was 2 weeks to my due date I started having horrible contractions that would start in my back and move towards my belly. I also would have pain in my pelvic area because of the bones widening for the baby.

My due date came and went, I still had contractions off and on.

10 days after my due date my DR set up an appt to be induced on the Dec 22nd. That made me be 2 weeks overdue.

I started having the "real" contractions on the 21st at 9am. I knew these were a bit different then the other ones I had been having. They started with about 15 minutes apart and just kept getting more steady, painful and closer.

9pm came around and I was having contractions 5-6 minutes apart. My husband BEGGED me to go to the hospital. I wanted to wait longer as I enjoyed being home in pain over being in the hospital.

Got to the hospital and I was only 1 1/2 cm dilated and 90% effaced. Since I had the appt for tomorrow morning to be induced they asked if I wanted to go ahead.

I didn't but my husband again over ruled me and said yes.

----A word of advice, Do everything the way YOU want to. Don't let anyone push you into doing something you don't. You will have a much better birthing experience and also without regrets.----

The Pitocin WILL make it a LOT worse then normal. I could not have an epidural as my white blood count was to low.

I have a high pain tolerance but the pain was bloody murder.

At 9:24am on the 22nd after only 45 minutes of pushing my 8 pounds 7oz son was born. That was 24 1/2 hours of labor, 12 of which was "active labor".

Pushing was a such a relief because it is so hard NOT to push when you feel like you have to. They were telling me not to push and I was yelling at them that the baby was coming. So they checked me and low and behold I had went from 6cm to 10cm in just 1 hour.

The look on their faces was funny when they said "get the dr NOW!".

I wish you luck Mousty. Hopefully your little one isn't going to be late and be right on time! I hope my story helps you out a bit.

Archived