So I mentioned on the board that I started talking to my EX after 2 months of no contact again which I am slowly beginning to realize was a mistake. Last night on her way to work we were speaking to eachother on the phone and we started arguing about some nonsense. We ended the conversation on bad terms and just as I was writing her a text apologizing I received one from her saying the same thing and how she is sorry for being rude and that she is not herself lately. Then she called me back and started to cry...telling me she doesnt know whats wrong with her...that she wishes I were there to be with her and that she wishes things were the way they used to be...but that made me upset because I feel like shes playing with my emotions. I dont know what to think anymore...she told me she is seeing someone for a month now but she talks to me on the phone more than anyone else and she told me that she can tell me anything that is on her mind...but then why cant she be with me? I hate this.

I really dont know what to do? If I resume NC should I just explain it to her in a nice way that I dont think its a good idea for us to speak to eachother because it hurts both of us even though we still enjoy speaking to eachother? Or should I just break it off without saying anything and stop answering her calls?

Sounds to me like your slowly falling into her (best) friend zone.

I feel she is being a bit selfish and keeping you within close reach.

Get out or get sucked in deeper IMO.

I think you need some distance to gain yourself back without her in your life.

Maybe with you not being around/available as a friend 24/7 your gonna end up on her mind alot. If your lucky she may come back....(don't mean to get your hopes up though, but just saying that staying in contact is not going to get you there.)

The answer is to pull away again and give her the explanation. Tell her you don't want to be her friend, that you still care about her, but you aren't going to be held in limbo. Is she feels there is a chance to let you into her life FULL time, you are willing to have that conversation. You've said how you are feeling... then go take care of you. She's not taking care of you, so you must.

Archived