My son slept with his best friend's Mom...

TechResQ

Ok, she is married? and she has done this before? does her husband know? It seems the woman has some major emotional problems. Your son is young, but he is an adult. He may want to tell his friend that he should ask his mother if he wants to know, and then maybe suggest some professional help for her.

Yeah, I am pretty sure her husband has an idea about her past cheating. She is a very pretty woman, but has a very low self-esteem...obviously. She seems to have a problem acting her age or coming to terms with her aging, I guess.

My son just called me again and she has been trying to call him on his cell phone all day, she has left several messages for him and he has decided not to call her back or talk to her. He said the thought of talking to her makes him sick to his stomach. I talked to him about maybe getting his thoughts together on paper, write down everything he wants to say to his best friend, then use it as a guide when he talks to him. He will need to talk to him by phone because his friend is stationed on the East Coast. He has decided to be honest with his best friend, even if it costs him his friendship.

I am proud of him for that and I told him so.

He may want to tell his friend that he should ask his mother if he wants to know, and then maybe suggest some professional help for her.

Agreed. The son no doubt needs to have a long talk with his mother, as a son I would be wondering how long she has been doing this and at what age were my friends when she did start this? Maybe some legal issues there. I have to believe the husband must know or suspect something. I hope for your son's sake he can remain friends with at least her son.

Wow.

I think your son should tell his friend. If they've been friends that long chances are they'll get over it. I'm sure his friend will call him names because he is hurt, then your son will probably (depending on his personality) either defend himself or just take it. Eventually, though, it will all be okay. His friend will just need time to understand it all and work it through by himself, then with his best friend (your son).

Good luck,

ME

P.S. Does this remind anyone else of American Pie?? lol.

Not sure. My son didn't tell anyone but his sister and his 'now' girlfriend.

Well thats enough.

If only one person knows a secret than it's not a secret anymore.

What to do?

I wouldn't answer on her calls anymore if I were him and I would distance myself from my friend.

And I wouldn't tell him the truth.

And if I were a mom (I don't buy that he's an adoult crap thing) I would call her to scare her off enough to never call my son again if she persists in calling.

Now call me crazy.

Wow.

I think your son should tell his friend. If they've been friends that long chances are they'll get over it. I'm sure his friend will call him names because he is hurt, then your son will probably (depending on his personality) either defend himself or just take it. Eventually, though, it will all be okay. His friend will just need time to understand it all and work it through by himself, then with his best friend (your son).

Good luck,

ME

P.S. Does this remind anyone else of American Pie?? lol.

Thanks! He plans on telling him the truth when he asks...and he WILL ask.

As far as the American Pie thing...it is a bit similar, huh...except I don't know about any apple pies involved, and I don't want to know for that matter!.

She has broken his trust and yes although he is 21...it would have to be pretty confusing for someone who you've considered your "mum" to make such extremem advances on you when your half asleep! Shes disgusting and I really feel for your son now because he has been taken advantage of. My best advice is YOU be the strong one and say "well u shouldnt have done that, you should have told her to piss off" because if it ever happens again with her or someone else he doesnt like...he will have the strength to say "GET AWAY" which is something he obviously felt like he couldnt do.

I had the same problem when i was younger. Finding your voice can be very hard. Im sorry that you had to go through all this..but he must be finding it extrememly disturbing if he even told u about it! Something needs to come out in the open tho. He needs to adress it like an adult and tell her hes been feeling sick ever since.

I reccommend letting her know just how awful she has made him feel. That should be her punishment.

ps i dont recommend telling the friend..what can the poor kid do about it? Go straight to the mother...and the kid will find out sooner or later.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to say this but no, you're son doesn't owe him "the truth" or an explanation nor does his friend's mom owe her son an explanation. What she does in the bedroom is her business not her son's and that includes if she has sex with one of her son's business. What you son does in the bedroom and with whom is no one's business either.

Sorry to say this but no, you're son doesn't owe him "the truth" or an explanation nor does his friend's mom owe her son an explanation. What she does in the bedroom is her business not her son's and that includes if she has sex with one of her son's business. What you son does in the bedroom and with whom is no one's business either.

Thank you for your post. I didn't realize anyone had re-opened my thread, as it is rather old. I do agree with what you say, however, my son was having some MAJOR guilt as a result of his actions and I was just trying to help him out with that. I definitely agree that what he does in the bedroom is no body else's business but his.

Things are actually better now, and he and his best friend have somewhat reconciled. They aren't as close as they used to be, but at least they are speaking.

As for his buddy's mom...she continues on her path of self-destructive behavior.

Thanks again!

God Bless.

Archived