My bf and I broke up 12 days ago. We've had some contact over that time (only in text messages) - the first few days were me doing the wrong stuff, 'I want you back' - 'I still love you' etc. but the last couple of days has been fairly light hearted chit-chat.

He's adamant he still wants us to be friends, and much as I'd like that too there's still that hope in me that he'll see me and think 'Yeah, I do still want to be with her, what was I thinking walking out like that'

Anyway, the problem for today is this... I have his football ticket which he needs by Saturday. Should I say its okay for us to meet briefly to hand it over. That way I get to see him and I have been missing him so much I kinda think I'd like to, or would it be too soon?

I can't decide what to do, so guessed I'd ask your advice

Why would you want to hurt yourself even more? I understand he needs this ticket, but you are hanging on false hope. That is not good, when you are trying to heal. It is not going to do anything except take you three steps back. Why would you want to undo all the progress you have made?

Leave it on the doorstep when you go to work and tell him to pick it up when you are gone.

Ok, I've emailed to tell him I don't think we should meet up.

Unfortunately I don't know his friends phone numbers to ask them to pass the ticket on to him, and he hasn't told me where he's living yet so I've suggested that I post it to him, but if he doesn't want me to know where he lives just yet then could I have his work address to forward it there for him.

I do want to see him - but maybe when I'm feeling a little stronger.

Archived