Notes of attraction, bad or good?

RedPenguin

Ok, I asked on another forum, about this, and got basically most people said they are good, but one or two said bad.

I am curious what the people of here think of notes.

If you are a guy or a woman and you wanted to give a note saying, hey let's talk after class, and you slipped it in while you were doing a presentation, would this be a good idea or a horrible idea?

I am curious if the more people here see it as bad or if they see it as good.

Just approach them after class... No need for notes.

It wouldn't be a BAD idea, but approaching them would be more effective rather then "Meet me in the hall after class" . That's just kind of silly, yet im sure she'd find it cute.

Well like I said in my other reply, what does one do while talking?

I know you start with just anything, but how do they know you are not just talking and it means nothing?

Do you ask to go somewhere together or something?

Or do you say something like, a pretty girl like you, has gotta have a boyfriend.

Hey, if you're doing a presentation and you put in a slide that said "Myrtle!! Meet me after class!!!" it would be either unbelievably embarrassing ... or unbelievably cute and creative. Of course, that would depend on whether she likes you (cute and creative) or not (embarrassing)!! Sure, it has sort of the feel of 4th grade note passing ... but who doesn't love THAT???

Zack.

So obviously it would be better to talk in person than right?

Cause then you can tell her reaction to you and see if she either acts positive or negative?

I didn't like notes before, cause in High School, I got ignored by girls, but that was because everyone picked on me and I did like, the one poster said, poured out my feelings way too much, making it look silly, I guess.

Hey, if you're doing a presentation and you put in a slide that said "Myrtle!! Meet me after class!!!" it would be either unbelievably embarrassing ... or unbelievably cute and creative. Of course, that would depend on whether she likes you (cute and creative) or not (embarrassing)!! Sure, it has sort of the feel of 4th grade note passing ... but who doesn't love THAT???

Zack.

Well, what if you never really talked to her before, but she has been flirting with you and giving you plenty of attention?

Does that really change the look or not really?

What if you give her a note saying just something silly to get her to laugh. So not saying like, "Oh I like you, please be mine", but just something to get her to see your silly side somewhat.

I had some friends who said that isn't a bad idea.

I'm curious what you all think though.

It could work but it is risky. Best opening line I ever had from a man who was interested in dating me: "hi, how are you?" We spoke briefly, he asked for my number, called and asked me to have dinner. If the conversation is going well, if there is some laughter, some smiles, simply say "I'm really enjoying this conversation - how would you like to get lunch[dinner] sometime?"

It could work but it is risky. Best opening line I ever had from a man who was interested in dating me: "hi, how are you?" We spoke briefly, he asked for my number, called and asked me to have dinner. If the conversation is going well, if there is some laughter, some smiles, simply say "I'm really enjoying this conversation - how would you like to get lunch[dinner] sometime?"

Fiendishly simple... yet effective.

How do I talk to just her and not her friend as well?

I mean they always sit together and are like joined at the hip, it's not really that easy to talk to just one of them and not the other. Plus the other one will see and hear everything I say to the other.

Since I'm somewhat attracted to both, should I at first just talk to both of them, until I get comfortable and relaxed enough to actually ask her to do something?

I mean, I would much rather be comfortable talking about class, then just running up to her, and being like, "Let's go out to lunch." LoL.

EDIT: What if I start out like this:

"Do either of you know, if the project is due today or Thursday." Then I can be like, "oh out of curiosity, do you both go to this college or are you from a different college?" "It seems like every time I get a new class, basically everyone is from another college. Anyway, my name is Adam," blah blah blah. Then I can be like, Diana, that's a pretty name.

Not that I want to keep asking the same question, but what about funny notes, just to get her or him to laugh?

I ask this question because in my topic I said "Notes of Attraction" so I didn't say anything about just funny and silly notes, just to get her to laugh.

What does anyone think of it, in that case, funny situations?

Not that I want to keep asking the same question, but what about funny notes, just to get her or him to laugh?

I ask this question because in my topic I said "Notes of Attraction" so I didn't say anything about just funny and silly notes, just to get her to laugh.

What does anyone think of it, in that case, funny situations?

I don't think a note is a good idea. Like the above poster said, it's something you do when you are in grade school.

I agree with Ghost and just saying got a min" and then pulling the girl a side to ask her whatever.

Ot just go upto both and chat them both up since your interested in both. Nothing to lose...

I still think you plan way too much though... How can you plan and be so sure things will go according to planned... Sometimes you may even miss oppertunities b/c your so focussed on the game plan.

What's the best way to talk to her, since she doesn't really come in early?

Should I just say before she leaves, hey, can we talk real quick?

I think I will be able to get a situation to talk to her, especially if we get group work again, which the teacher does a lot. I will just sit next to her and ask her if we can chat after class.

I am just going to stop thinking about it, and just wait until I get a nice situation to talk to her easily. I know I will eventually get a really nice situation to talk to her. Especially now that I sit at her table. She doesn't mind that I sat there, neither did her friend, so now I am way less nervous and have more confidence now.

I think it is best not to use the words "can we talk?" since you guys are already talking.. hehe. LIke asking: "Hey can I check you out a bit?" while doing it..

It also makes her expect something really important to be said if you announce it.. ya know?

It's all about coming off a bit casual..

Just go upto both and say hi, and start a convo. Or else just say to one of them: "hey whats up?"

I think it is best not to use the words "can we talk?" since you guys are already talking.. hehe. LIke asking: "Hey can I check you out a bit?" while doing it..

It also makes her expect something really important to be said if you announce it.. ya know?

It's all about coming off a bit casual..

Just go upto both and say hi, and start a convo. Or else just say to one of them: "hey got a minute?"

That just basically implies you have nothing important to say, just some chit chat.. get to know her a bit, etc.

Yeah, I never thought of that, you are definatly right. You really did help it.

You make a heck of a lot of sense. I will at least tell her goodbye, especially if I can't talk to her in class.

I think, we will eventually get a nice conversation going, because I'm ready and I am not positive about her, but she acts as if she's waiting for me to do something or is at least watching me perhaps because she expects something. Who knows, but I feel us talking is really close.

Gladd I made some sense Yea the key for you is to just relaxxxx..

Imagine having to go thru this WHOLe thought process everytime you get interested in another girl and want to approach?? Haha, but I think pretty soon it will b/c more easier for you. Practise, a smile and some guts is all it takes to get the ball rolling.. and for you to find it easier and easier..

And yes yes, saying goodbye is at least SOMEthing.. I mean at least it shows you gave her some attention ya know.. LIke I mentioned in a reply to a thread, that some guys (and girls too) need to realise that the first step is at least to smile, say hi or SOMEthing.. Anything to at least show the other person you noticed them.. *wink wink lol

Just walking past them gets you no where..

notes are great in elementary school.

off into high school and college, not so much.

do it in person. just walk up 'hey, got a minute?'

That is good, use that penguin. "hey, got a minute?" then go into whatever ur gona say. Its simple and to the point.

Archived