got a tip 2 overcome my shyness?

Hello, I have a little problem. I'm shy. like a hundred other guys... I know.

that's why I'm asking if you have any tips for me to overcome my little problem.

I'm pretty confident about myself and other's opinion of me isn't my biggest concern, I get rather well along with people and I always take the pleasure of talking to complete strangers. I don't really have a fear or people or anything such that should undermine my abilities....

It's like this, I can be impressively shy when I'm interested by a very attractive girl. I will flirt, hold eye contact and all the body talk required, until it comes to the point where I'm supposed to open that mouth of mine and say something like "hi" or deliver a funky, funny even cheesy line.

I've been trying to get myself to do that, just once. I don't have any trouble talking to other guys or any lady i'm not dazzled by the beauty or sexyness of. I hang out with quite a number of people and I've no recollection of a particular person on earth who had strong dislike of me. So what's stopping me? The worst that could occur is that she already 's got a boyfriend, but would still probably end up being at leasts my friend. Yea... I'm that good. So....

why? I've been trying to get myself to do it, but it just won't happen. It would be easier for me to scream out something stupid in the middle of downtown and have all the attention on me, then to open that mouth of mine and speak. Yet I never do....

You sound like that you are scared of rejection that is what I say that is worng with you. You have the same prolbem as I. Just make a fool of your self and be blunt that is what I do. Most of the time it works at lease for a first date. Well I hope this helps.

whats sup? i know where you're comin from, man. to make a long story short, dont be afraid to get rejected. getting turned down may hurt your pride a little bit, but from experience, its better to get a 'no' answer, then to sit at home depressed wonderin what she'll say, b/c you coulda spent that time meeting other girls that might be interested in you if she did say 'no', u know what i mean. find other girls in school and outside your social circle that u think are cute to go ask out. guaranteed, you'll find one thats interested in u. the more u practice that, the better you'll get at it and the more comfortable you'll feel with them when u go on that first date. im plannin on askin out a girl this week myself. my advice is just be cool about it. pretend she's a friend. make the situation lighthearted and fun rather than serious like you're askin her to marry u. also be confident and act like goin out with her is no big deal. just say hey, u wanna hang out sometime, or can i give u a call sometime? but also talk to her for a little b4 doin that. its not so much what u say, its just the fact that you're finally doin it.

• 3 months later...