Are men attracted to bodies like their mom's?

Krystal_Ivy

So yes, I'm going to make a general stereoptype here. It seems like MOST white men like their women thin/athletic. and most black men like their women thick/with meat on their bones. (same with hispanic men) and as a disclaimer I am saying M-O-S-T not all.

now, is that because they were raised seeing those bodies growing up and that's what their accustomed to as being "normal" healthy or attractive?

Well, to be frank I've never really thought about it in these terms.

The theory goes though that women subconsciously base, or partly base, their choice in a man on the primary male figures during their childhood (typically a father or male guardian).

So, feasibly the same could be applied to us guys.

There has been lots of research on attraction and how it realtes to your early childhood experiences.

Most of that research tends to focus on facial features and it makes sense to me that there would be some connection between the type of "look" we are attracted to and the "look" of the people we formed very strong bonds with when we were young.

I don't think body shape would come into it. It seems fairly well established that men gravitate to a body shape (and I know there is a formula but I can't remember it) that has to do with the ratio between waist and hips and bust.

Here's one summary from University of Liverpool study.

I could never be attracted to someone who reminded of my Mom in any context whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mom and all, but psychologically that's just creepy. And from a character standpoint it wouldn't be any day at the park either. I have to concour with some of the others here when I say eww.

Good heavens no.

Uhhhh....thats just a sick thought! LOL

OHH Lord no...............ewwwwwwwwww

i dont want anyone that resembles anything like my mother, not even her personality

ohhh heavens, no.......

Yikes... heck no.

I could never be attracted to someone who reminded of my Mom in any context whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mom and all, but psychologically that's just creepy. And from a character standpoint it wouldn't be any day at the park either. I have to concour with some of the others here when I say eww.

haha.. seriously.. its like why would you want a girl lookin like yer mommy? it turns ya on eh? GET HELP. thats all.

All of you guys are over-simplifying what it means. Of course, finding a girl who looks the spitting image of your mother is... odd and creepy, on the surface of it. But, it's no way near as cut and paste as this.

Not the finest article I can find quickly, and I'll come back with a better one probably, but observe

link removed

This image is what Dr. Hendrix calls the "Imago". It's an unconscious composite of your parents' positive and negative traits. When you meet your Imago, you unconsciously sense an opportunity to "fix" some of the "wrongs" of your childhood. It's the positive traits that make your knees weak, but the negative traits are actually more magnetic on an unconscious level. The chemistry that turns you on is reminiscent of someone in your childhood whose love and affection you are still trying to recreate. Your unconscious mind says, "Here's a man who can make all my troubles go away. He can make up for all the things that went 'wrong' in my childhood and previous relationships and recapture what went right!"

No, you are all misinterpreting the question.

I was wondering if it was a thing of what you were raised around meaning your social surroundings,neighborhood,town,race. Not saying you want someone who looks like you mom, but if you are used to being raised around only thin women will you think that is the norm and want that? or if you are raised around thick women will you think that is the norm and go for that?

I was wondering if it was a thing of what you were raised around meaning your social surroundings,neighborhood,town,race. Not saying you want someone who looks like you mom, but if you are used to being raised around only thin women will you think that is the norm and want that? or if you are raised around thick women will you think that is the norm and go for that?

This is... sort of what I am trying to get at.

It's intellectually crude, not to mention weird, to say that you base your choices in partners on the shape of your mum's body, or indeed, her aesthetic appearance in general. Lol. It's such a massive over-simplification of what the psychology here is.

No, you are all misinterpreting the question.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but, referring back to the first post, are you implying that white women are mostly thin and black women are mostly thick?! Because I don't believe that to be true...

I'm almost afraid to ask, but, referring back to the first post, are you implying that white women are mostly thin and black women are mostly thick?! Because I don't believe that to be true...

yeah, that is mostly true. That's why the rap videos have the "thick" women and the rock vids have the thin ones. Look around, that's just how we are built. I am hispanic. we naturally just have wider hips/thighs,butts. it's in our make up. As it is with african american women and their butts. MOSTLY.

I have never heard of that sterotype before.

Is there any credible social scientific evidence to back up such a claim ?

It certainly doesn't apply to me at least.

I am certainly not attracted to girls who are in any way like my mom. My mom was red head, while I am attracted to smaller brown skinned girls, particularly filipino girls. But thats just me.

So yes, I'm going to make a general stereoptype here. It seems like MOST white men like their women thin/athletic. and most black men like their women thick/with meat on their bones. (same with hispanic men) and as a disclaimer I am saying M-O-S-T not all.

now, is that because they were raised seeing those bodies growing up and that's what their accustomed to as being "normal" healthy or attractive?

Isn't that a theory put forth by evolutionary psychologists ??? They have some weird theories.

Like I heard of one theory by an evolutionary psychologist that girls prefer dancing more than guys because when they dance with a guy, they make him sweaty, and then she can smell whether or not he had good genes.

Anyway, I think one should stay away from stereotypes generally. Everyone is attracted to thier own things. For me, I am attracted to noses on a girl. I think some noses are cute and some aren't. So that is what I look for. Everyone has thier own preferences though.

I would say that is true about 60% of the time or less.

You would have to do a discreet analysis of it, because just giving a guy the idea of their mother is a turn-off most of the time.

In my case, it may hold true to a very small extent (through comparison between the people I am attracted to and my mother, in terms of similarity in basic shape), but in general, I'm attracted to a different ethnicity, age group (obviously), build and weight class entirely.

I doubt that particular stereotype is COMPLETELY true, but I'm white, and have a very curvy figure....and I don't get a lot of white guys looking my way, but the black men are all over me where ever I may go.

I think maybe the guys that want the super skinny girlfriends may be closeted gays and are just looking for what they may consider the perfect 10, or something close to the body they want to ACHIEVE not mount.

They just need arm candy to detour the accusing eyes and stares while they prance around the mall. They are not interested in the cushin' for the pushin'

As far as their mom's being skinny having anything to do with their taste in skinny women.....have you seen a woman after giving birth? Its rare to find a perfect 10 after hips have been spread and bellies have been stretched.

~*gonna gonna get you drunk, get you drunk off of my humps, my humps, my lovely lady bumps~*

Archived