What are the short-term effects????

adidas7fire

I'm freakin out! I am in the middle of deciding whether to continue or discontinue the use of the pill. My overall reason for starting in the first place was to of course protect against pregnancy but also to allow myself not to have my period during my honeymoon which is next June. I started the pill about 4 weeks ago and have already begun to see a HUGE change in my body. My boobs have started getting bigger (not really complaining in that field ;-) ) but along with that, I have seemed to gain some weight and that's where all of this is really REALLY bothering me... mostly because I have already purchased my wedding gown and if I gain weight, I fear I won't be able to fit into the dress come wedding time.

I have begun to exercise even more now that it seems the weight gain is on... sure, it may only be a few pounds but when you wake up one morning and can't fit into the pants that you've been able to in the last 4 years, it's a heart-stopping moment where you just think " * * *!?" I don't know how long these side effects are supposed to last or if there is anything else I can do to help with the water retention and weight gain. Does it take a couple months for everything to get accustomed or is it a permanent thing until I get off the pill??? Ugh, someone please help me out here!!! Thanks so much in advance.

BTW, I'm on Ortho-tricyclen if that helps with anyone's response.

Different pills act differently. I'm on Diane - 35 for my skin. I did gain a little bit of weight, and it's bothering me.. but I figured that I'd rather have a clear face than perfect thighs.

If you stop taking the pill, you should lose the weight. You can try a different brand if you want. I used to take something else (sorry, don't know what it was) and I was my best weight ever.

i had the same exact issues with all of the ortho meds.... my doc then put me on Yasmin ..and i loved it..i felt great... and i had none of those nasty side affects like the weight gain or swollen breasts... and overall my mood was better on it..and my periods were very light, no pain, no pms... maybe you should talk to your doc about changing your pill?

I definitely suggest changing pills and trying different brands. As previous poster said Ortho-Tricyclen is horrible with alot of people as far as side effects, etc. I was on it for 3 weeks and had to go off of it because of the mood swings. I am on Yaz now for PMDD , have been for almost a year with no bad side effects and I have actually lost weight on it. Just try out different brands until you find one you're happy with.

I definitely suggest changing pills and trying different brands. As previous poster said Ortho-Tricyclen is horrible with alot of people as far as side effects, etc. I was on it for 3 weeks and had to go off of it because of the mood swings. I am on Yaz now for PMDD , have been for almost a year with no bad side effects and I have actually lost weight on it. Just try out different brands until you find one you're happy with.

i lost weight on yasmin as well. Now thats a nice side affect! lol

Archived