Succes, hard/easy?hurry before i end up in the 11oclock news

(sorry if i messed up on stuff but i am freaking suicidle right now) i am so freaking confused man!!!! i am a high school student sophmore, i dont know what i want to do yet, but one think that i know is that i want to live the life i want you know,cars,cash, and a girl thats right a girl on women but a girl. (sorry if i miss spell stuff but i am so freaking crazy right know i hope you reach me before the news at eleven does) My brother tells me that i need to study every freaking day and hard, that he know how its done and stuff, yhea.... he goes to UCLA but i just dont understand what all kind of people tell me man,on one hand my brother thells me to study and not to f up and study and study and study,my teachers say that if the colleges look at your 1.2.3 year of high school,my friends and counselors tell me that i need to get like b"s and above. but the madvice that i have listen more is to my brothers friend and that is keep doing what you do. my grades are like c"s and above mostly c"s all kinds of people put pressure on me that i need to do this that i need to do that, some other people tell me that the stockmarket and investing is the way to go.by the way i am thinking of going to college and its eather northwestern or occidental. so basically what i am triyng to say is that how can i make like 75k or more a year how can i live my life how can i stop writing these kind of letters and just know were i am headed why!!!!!

for starters calm down .. relax.

life is what you make it. choose the life that YOU want. dont let other people tell you how to run your life and what you need. only you know what you need. if you want to get all A's then do what you have to do to get that.

the main thing in life is happiness. your 15, you have many many yrs ahead of yourself. just calm down, relax and be happy. do what makes you happy.

Hi - I understand totally how you feel. I remember in high school, people made it seem like if you didn't have a 3.7, you'd never get into a good college, and you'd never get a good job, and that you'd wind up a garbage collector or something.

Totally untrue. Ok, fine, you have a few Cs. Life is full of 2nd chances. The college admissions counselors know that you don't have everything figured out at 15 (or 25 or 35 or any age for that matter). Just do your best from now on, and I promise that they'll take it into account. Some people go to a JC and then transfer into the UC system their 3rd year of college.

And plus, once you get in, it's better to do really really well at a lesser known college, than to get mediocre grades at Harvard. It's not all about the college that you went to.

I also know lots of people who won't hire people with a 4.0 in physics and math (or something like that) who graduated from college, because it doesn't seem like they have a balanced life. You're in high school, don't put too much stress on yourself, just study hard, but play hard too!

Good luck!

Listen to Annie. It's not about the best grades, it's about doing your best and being well rounded. She's right about A students not being the first pick. That is because in the real world book smarts isn't enough. They want people who can think on their feet (common sense). So do your best, enjoy life in whatever activities catch your eye, and you'll figure out your niche.

And if you don't get it right the first time just keep on trying. Heck I hated math and ended up in accounting (my parents really laugh about that). I'm now working to get licensed in real estate. Nothing is set in stone. My passion is singing (music) and I sing on the side, but life isn't over until it's over (although we all have days we struggle). Keep on doing your best and finding things you enjoy, that is what life is about.

Take it easy and try not to stress. You are only 15 and you have so many more years to figure out what you really want to do in life. Maybe in won't even involve getting into a great college. I know some people who decided to start their own business after highschool and are now making much more money then university graduates.

as was said, "life is full of second chances"

and i like many others did poorly at school. but i knew where i wanted to go and put in like nothing else to get there ... and yesterday i got a letter telling me that i have been accepted into the universtiy course that i applied for.

if you want something bad enough you will put in for it. you just have to know what you want

Relax, you don't have to have the best grades to succeed in life. My brother didn't do the best in high school despite the fact that he's one of the smartest people I know. He took classes at city college and eventually ended up with a pretty good job and is doing alright for himself. Even if you don't get into the finest universities there are still plenty of options. Go to junior college, build up the grades and then transfer to another college.

Also, keep in mind that the life you have in mind now my not be what you really end up wanting. Sure, it's easy to say you want mega bucks, a great car, and the girl. But if you drive yourself crazy to get there, is it worth it? Plenty of people work hard to get high paying jobs so that they can afford anything they want, only to end up feeling miserable. They end up hating there jobs and loathing every minute of it. What's more important is to find something that you really enjoy doing. It's better to make a modest income and be happy in what you do then to be rich and miserable.

And I have to say this. Keep in mind that our president was a "c" student in college. You don't necessarily have to be the brightest student to succeed.