Told my ex today that I'm pregnant...his reaction...

Smokeycat

This morning I explained to my ex how I haven't felt well over the past few days and I thought that maybe it was just a bug I was fighting. I told him that it just felt weird and since we didn't have unprotected sex I got curious and took a pregnancy test just to make sure and just for the hell of it. What could it hurt if you're not sure? I told him the result was positive and explained how I believe my birth control wasn't working. He remembered me mentioning I didn't feel well that day we had sex before we did. I have endometriosis so if I ovulate I feel a little sick...the way I felt that morning. He was so stunned at the results as I was, he just sat there and stared at the ground...thinking. I told him that I was scared and I began to cry a little. We're both only 17 and Seniors in high school. He told me before we plan anything and tell his new gf...tomorrow they'll be going out for 1 month...that I should take another test and also wait for my period. I agreed. He called me 2 hours ago and was talking about how this situation won't be good for our child b/c we're not together. I believe his gf will break up with him if I am INDEED pregnant, which I believe b/c I feel it. I just don't know whether it'll be best for my child to try again under this stress. I love him and he loves me. I'm just not sure. Pregnancy is SO CONFUSING, especially this young. He told me he threw up and he's sick to his stomach. No one else knows about this...none of our friends...especially his. I'm just so confused. Any advice on how to deal with this situation and pregnancy in general? I need some help!

I understand you must be very scared right now and so is your ex. Nobody thinks it will happen to them. But sometimes it does.

First I would tell someone you trust. Hopefully that is your parents, but if you are not ready to tell them yet then find your best friend, or a teacher or counselor, or a pastor. They can help you by being your support. You will need it. They can also help you with the step of telling your parents.

Next you need to see a doctor. Both for your health and for your baby's health. Do not put this off. It is so very important.

There are also national centers such as Planned Parenthood which can provide you counseling and let you know your options. There are many people with very strong beliefs on this. I know I have mine - but you haven't asked and I wouldn't force it on you. But you must make this decision.

And finally, take a deep breath. It is going to be alright. Yes things will be rough but you will make it through. Let us know what we can do for you.

I agree with the above post, I think you should tell your parents and go to the doctor.

If you do not already have a doctor most cities provide free health clinics that give pregnancy test and care for pregnant women.Due to your condition it is very important that you see your doctor early so that you will have a healthy pregnancy. I know that the first 3 months are the most important b/c this is the time frame when some women may miscarry. Somewomen even wait until 3 months to tell friends and family due to this. I think you did the right thing by telling your boyfriend. I hope that you wil tell your family or a trusted adult.

You will have a long road ahead of you , but it is best that he knows up front. Who cares about his girlfriend he did not think enough of her to not cheat on her, and he had unprotected sex. He felt that he was safe with you which I understand, but he should not get in the habit of having unprotected sex all the time , or he will be having more babies! I will pray for you b/c I know that you are going through a hard time. Try not to let things stress you out so your baby will be healthy. I know a woman who's husband left her and a month later she found out she was pregnant her baby turned out fine. The ex husband wanted to get back together but it was too late a year after the baby was born she got married to someone else.