Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Lest We Forget

Seraphim

My grandad died 5 years ago today, would have been 100 now. He fought all through WW2 and survived it, his brothers not so lucky. He was my absolute hero. You couldn't wish to meet a better man. RIP Grandad and everyone who ever gave their lives for other people to live freely.

I'll never forget. Spending time at the Legion as a kid made a lifelong impact on me. I'll never forget the feeling of that room on Remembrance Day. The stories. The kindness extended to me. One year I was asked to recite my poem during the service which I had written for a contest the Legion had for kids. They put me through an advocacy course. I've been extremely fortunate in my lifetime to enjoy peacetime. I never forget it.

Sending my love out there today.

My grandad died 5 years ago today, would have been 100 now. He fought all through WW2 and survived it, his brothers not so lucky. He was my absolute hero. You couldn't wish to meet a better man. RIP Grandad and everyone who ever gave their lives for other people to live freely.

My grandad too. He died almost 8 years ago a week from being 93. My great uncles also survived the war . One passed in his 70’s and the other passed at 97.

I'll never forget. Spending time at the Legion as a kid made a lifelong impact on me. I'll never forget the feeling of that room on Remembrance Day. The stories. The kindness extended to me. One year I was asked to recite my poem during the service which I had written for a contest the Legion had for kids. They put me through an advocacy course. I've been extremely fortunate in my lifetime to enjoy peacetime. I never forget it.

Sending my love out there today.

Thank you so much from those of us who have served and still serving.

Archived