Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad Endings

Women are the ones who break up with men first usually. and yes, they like to get in the last word - they like to win. I'm not saying it's bad or good, it's just reality. So this sounds normal.

As far as closure goes, get busy with friends, family, work, hobbies, life, and even dating a new guy. And time is the best healer.

Bronze Member
    I'm glad it sounds normal. I don't' talk to other women about relationships so I don't know what normal is. I feel abnormal, but I'm sure others have these issues. I was hoping to read about them on this forum.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by shineyboot
    I just get a bit over the top, tearful yes. It is usually a result of months of bottling up and frustration. It can be over small things. Here is an extract from my journal which led to an emotional meltdown on my part:

Him (after two weeks of not contacting me) Hey how are you?

me - How was your holiday? (feeling a bit emotional as I thought I'd never hear from him again but playing cool)

him - 'good time thanks'

me - x Did you see the northern lights?

Him - 'Yeah, great thanks'

me (snapping) 'Are you interested in getting to know me better or are you just bored because I'm getting that impression?'

him - 'You don't seem that into me'

me - 'How do you mean?

him - nothing - phone switched off.

me - ' you don't seem that into me!' In fact I think we should end it now, I feel like I am wasting my time' (and many more like this)

The End.
    Well, who was this guy exactly? A boyfriend? Someone you went out with a couple times?

I'm trying to determine if you're jumping the gun and overreacting to a lacklustre text conversation, or if you were accurately assessing low interest on his part. The fact that you told him you just wanted to end it is fine, if that's how you felt, but you say you then sent "many" more messages like that. What was the content of these subsequent messages?

In the future, if you tell someone over text that you're done, you can't really expect them to want to interact with you thereafter.

Bronze Member
    I had five dates with him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice