dating a woman but this guy is lurking

secretlesbian

*I am using an old name I made for this site, I am no longer a secret lesbian.. I am very much out to everyone....!

Awhile back I had a crush on a guy, and it was so strong I decided to give him my phone number

At the same time, I was friending a girl and ended up falling for her as well but was too scared to admit it at first (because I was "straight"),

so I gave the guy my number.

Then he didn't really do anything with it, so two weeks pass and my friendship with girl grows more and I decide to tell girl how I feel, and we fell head over heels in love and now we are together and it really is an amazing relationship.

I have never been so into someone, got along so well, we feel really connected. it is a good thing!

she is truly my best friend and the sweetest and greatest girl and I would never do or act on anything to jeopardize that or hurt her. ever.

anyways....

For awhile I forgot about the guy, I was fine with being his friend and all that.

but now he is creeping back up.

I see him multiple times a week, it is unavoidable because we work together. And every time I see him I think immediately "wow he looks so hot" and I HATE THAT.

when we are working together on shift, the environment makes it so it has to be just us two together in a space for a long period of time. we get to talking and laughing and we have so much in common and sometimes I feel like "hmm... if we got to know each other better before I gave him my number he probably would of hit me up"

I also feel kind of silly because I gave him my number then started dating a girl soon after, he knows my girlfriend and I sometimes feel like he is secretly thinking ?! it just sometimes feels like an unspoken thing that happened between us, well it actually is... we just pretend I never gave him my number.

And now he is starting to hang with our friend group, and the other night he let slip something that made me think he may like me. and it made me excited. and then I felt guilty.

I hate feeling this way. I love my girlfriend and I want to be with her forever and this is the real deal, but at the same time I keep feeling these feelings when I see the guy.

I keep trying to remind myself of things about him that I would NOT have liked if I were to be his girlfriend, things that are actually deal breakers to me in a relationship, and that does help me in seeing the reality of things

And then I think to myself, that honestly, I am not sexually attracted to men much anymore, so maybe I am attracted to him as a FRIEND? and my brain is just not used to being friends with guys, because honestly I just don't think the whole dating guys thing is my style, but I just feel attracted to him and I can't explain it.

I just needed to get this out, and maybe someone out there has advice or something. thanks for listening...

Archived