Playing hard to get?

Chrs584

I started dating a woman and our first date was fun, so much so we had sex. We went out on a second date a couple days later and all I got was a hug at the end of the night no kiss. Third date was the same thing. All three dates we had went well but with the last 2 dates, I dont know what is going on?

I definitely am not expecting sex every date, and I normally do not sleep with anyone on the first date but there was something different, not sure what.

Anyone have any insight?

Truth is, who knows?

See her again, or not. See what's what.

People jump into bed early for a million reasons, and sometimes they're not quite the same "something different" as ours. That's dating, the dice roll. If you keep getting hugs—well, take that for what it is: not the same thing you want. And then you move on.

My guess is, she lost self control and regretted it. No doubt she wants romance and is now trying to back things up. But it's hard to do now that you've ended up in bed.

If you like her, for now, just concentrate on getting to know each other and dating properly without the expectations of sex.

Definitely different i gave up on other

What? A week ago?

Give yourself time to breathe.

As for the girl, don't really see an issue, she probably wants to get to know you which is what you do when you date. She's putting on the breaks a bit. If you weren't 17 hours out of a relationship your anxiety wouldn't be so thick and you'd probably realize that.

And before you say you don't have anxiety, you posted this question on three different boards.

Yeah, she's probably having some regrets about moving too fast on the first date. I'd say back off a bit and don't make sex a focus...lol, women can sense that. At some point you'll see if there's a deeper connection, then things will take their course...or they won't and you move on.

Looking at your recent posts, I have to agree with figureitout.

A week or so ago you were having breakup sex with your ex, wondering what that means. Now it's sex with a new person, and the same gears are spinning into overdrive.

No judgement—life is life, and lord knows I've been in a version of your shoes.

But it might be time to take a moment and absorb what's going on here, you know? All these emotions, all this drama, all this anxiety—you could maybe use a second to chill out, sit with yourself, so everything isn't so high octane.

Sounds pretty normal. Women can be unpredictable sometimes ;)

Also, don't play hard to get. Women just want a guy that is confident, nice, has goals, and works towards them...So just continue working on what motivates you and forget about the rest. Pretty simple.

Archived