Newly weds

Claire1205

I have been married to my wife for just over 2 months.. Ever since the marriage she has become very distant with me.. She met new friends in her new job and ever since she hasn't shown any interest in me.. We have been arguing a lot recently because of it. A problem that happened tonight which made me come here for support was that I was going to hold her hand. She said married people don't do that now. She has also quoted to me in the past that her friends are always going to be there for her and that I'm not.. I'm just so confused and don't no what is going on. Is there any point in me trying?

I was going to hold her hand. She said married people don't do that now. She has also quoted to me in the past that her friends are always going to be there for her and that I'm not.. I'm just so confused and don't no what is going on. Is there any point in me trying?

Since when did married people not hold hands?! The comment about you not being there for her makes it feel like she's already on her way out the door. Hope you got a prenup if you have any assets.

I'll suggest marriage counseling for now, but I agree with others, we need more information about your relationship pre-marriage (how long have you been together?)

Thanks for the replys guys. Sorry that I havnt gave much information.. We have been together just over 10 years. The relationship had been brilliant for the first 9 years or so.. I no couples argue and thought she would change once we married, but that hasn't happened :(

With the statement about her friends will always be there has come from since she started this new job around a year ago she's found new friends, they seem to be the highlight of her life now as she's constantly on the phone with them. I don't mind that but her phone calls with them can last around an hour.. I just be sitting with the TV paused for that length of time waiting on her finishing talking the same nonsense that they talk everyday (the usual ing about work)

Is it possible she's starting to fancy someone at her new work place? This abrupt turnaround, sudden preoccupation and distance/coldness toward you combined with the statement "them being there for her, not you" all seems to come together now.

With the statement about her friends will always be there has come from since she started this new job around a year ago she's found new friends, they seem to be the highlight of her life now as she's constantly on the phone with them. I don't mind that but her phone calls with them can last around an hour.

Archived