Have i blown my last chance?

Madoka

Hello everyone, a small history lessons comes with my problem (sorry)

I have had a crush on this girl for some years now (i know, long time), we both however suffer to the whole shy business. I first started to grow attracted to her back in school, she was in the year below me but we caught the same bus (none school bus) to school, which in time i think we both became aware of one another, as the years passed and i was about to leave the school after graduating, i decided i will chance asking her out after the constant weird meeting of eyes and awkward follow up, i was confident she felt the same, other than the above, i had her best friend approach me once asking questions about me (this was sadly spoiled due to me being on the phone at the time and not comprehending the situation in time). When the week came around, she wasn't there, turns out she was off that week for some reason, honestly i had been building my self up for some time (wonder to this day if i ever would of gone through with it). A year passed, i saw her on rare occasions as i commuted to college in the mornings but it was only once in a while.

Fast forwarded a year, we start crossing paths on our way home again, she is going to the same college, seems fate is on my side, so after not trying to get attached i find myself back to square one, falling for her again, i never built the courage to ask her out though, i left college and joined the working world, I still thought of her and would see her as i was quite local but as time went on, she vanished again, and i came to terms with this(or so i thought). Then this last year she was there again, only 3 days a week but 3 days i enjoyed, we never spoke much but due to the strangers around us we did get mixed in with conversations and i found her laughing along with me again, staring at me ect.

I decided it was do or die, i knew from passive chatting she was on a worked placement near by for her studies, i knew it was only until their summer breaks began when she would graduate her course, so i had to go all in. She was around on Monday but i thought i would wait until Friday, i wouldn't have my friends with me so it might be easier on the approach(and easier if she said no having the weekend), Thursday all was well, Friday, she wasn't there. Apparently, Thursday was her final day, she has graduated college and her placement, and as of now, i wont see her all summer or potentially ever.

The issues we both had is she was the quiet type who keeps to themselves, and honestly i am as well, i have always been shy and afraid to approach people on anything so it quite breaking to realise this has royally screwed me over. if i met her again, i would just out with it randomly, even a rejection would feel nicer to know her true feelings, sadly i only know the village she lives in (odds of meetings are slim) and nothing else which would help me encounter her. Whilst true time has brought us together a few times, i have a feeling this was the last.

I'm always to afraid to just tell people how i feel, is it likely i have cowarded away one too many times now and blown my chance? It has been years now meeting and me cowering away despite having a chance. Should i give in now and try to soften the pain on myself or keep hoping and trying to meet again? It sounds weird but i can't believe trying to go on will end anywhere but equally i just feel sick knowing i have given up on a girl i spent so long feeling affectionate for.

My job doesn't have much ladies my age around and i don't care for the drinking all night life style so i don't meet many people and felt close to this girl despite our few minor actual interactions.

Is it worth giving in or hoping to continue onwards (knowing either one might end sadly)

Just feel a bit sad and wonder what others think, have to admit, learning she finished has quite saddened me, and it hurt quite a bit. I know it sounds quite a bad story of missed chances, i guess it really is though.

Sorry about the essay post :(

My God, man! Will you just contact this woman? Find out her address and send her a card! Go up to her door and knock! Ask around her friends and get her cell number and text her! Go on the Internet and find her Facebook or Instagram account and friend her! What's wrong with you? Ask this girl out on a date. Are you going to spend the rest of your life making google-eyes at her? Just do it so you can move on with your life. Even if she turns you down, you'll at least get her out of your system. Or you'll wind up with your first girlfriend and a great summer ahead of you! Put on your big-boy pants and go talk to her!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with DanZee - make a move. She might have liked you, and might have decided you're not interested because you haven't made a move. I would risk the awkward feeling of rejection, as people do get a boost if someone says they like them even if they aren't interested, so it won't do you any harm. If she rejects you, you can then put closure on this and move on, if you don't make a move you'll never get closure and you'll spend the rest of your life thinking 'what if?' so I'd do it just for piece of mind, I hope that she feels the same way as you and that it works out for you.

Archived