What does he mean by "I want you"

Deeed

There was this guy who has been interested in me for awhile- but I was not much interested in him because I had feelings and obsessing over another due -

we slept together months ago - we didn't really date at all - we start seeing each more regularly this months but last week and this week he changed - stop contacting me less.

So yesterday we had bit of chat - And because I don't want to make the same mistake I did before by falling for someone who I don't know where I stand with

I asked him directly what he wants from me and he said "I want you" I have no idea what he means by.

We already slept together so it can't be about sex.

It absolutely can be about sex. If it was good, most people want to have it again and again.

What you could have done was ask him to elaborate so there's no confusion.. just saying

I can still ask him - as it was by messaging and I have no reply yet

But I don't know how to response to message now -because before I said to him you changed towards me lately

And in the same sense he says -- "I might have change how I cantact you but my feelings have not changed"

So these messages seem deep at the same time misleading and meaningless.

Yes, he really could have meant you..as in your body.

If you are wanting more as in a relationship with him, you need to tell him that and see if he wants the same.

yeah I wouldn't have mind a relationship with him but he is already changing so I don't know

Yes, and that's what they're intended to do - thick flattery with no substance to back them up. So "I'm not contacting you much, but my feelings haven't changed" is code for "you don't matter enough to make an effort with, but I'm not going to say no to booty calls if you should offer them and do all the work."

"I want you" is a booty call line. It means I want to have sex with you. It is not code for "Let's get married and make babies and grow old together."

In other words, he wants you available for sex. And yes, that is what it means. Guys are not as complicated as sometimes people try to make them be. If they want a relationship with you, then and there, they say so - "I want you to be my girlfriend" or "Let's be exclusive" or just "be ready at 7:00 o'clock on Saturday, because I'm taking you out."

Look at their actions, never their words. Words are cheap and lying comes very easy to players or people who want something from you. If you just want the guy for a booty call then great, he's your guy. Just don't go in thinking this one is relationship material for you, because sex does not make people want to settle down and be with the person they had sex with 1 for 1. If it did the world would never move beyond that first love/sexual experience with someone. They'd stay with them.

But he's admitted he doesn't contact you as much, so do with that what you will. He didn't even give you a reason why, just more flattery so that's him trying to misdirect your attention away from WHY he stopped calling. But the bottom line is if they are not asking you out and making an effort to see you then flattery is just that - flattery or empty words designed to placate you and make you read more into his actions than are there.

"I want you" is a booty call line. It means I want to have sex with you. It is not code for "Let's get married and make babies and grow old together."

As a man, I have to disagree here. It's primal. It means the man doesn't want her to be with other men or interested with other men. It means he wants exclusivity on her part. Not necessarily a commitment on his part, but not what you think it means either.

It can certainly mean he just wants more sex.

I asked him directly what he wants from me and he said "I want you" I have no idea what he means by.

If you've already been burnt by falling for someone that didn't want more then sex from you, why on earth don't you ask HIM what he means by that? Asking us, who couldn't possibly know the truth of the matter is rather futile.

Just go back to him and ask him to explain. Let us know what he says because he can tell you what you want to hear or even tell you what sounds like what you want to hear without actually meaning what you want.

Communicating with HIM is what you should be doing.

Indeed! See him IN PERSON and discuss. Doing so over text gives him the opportunity to hedge, make up stuff to appease you, or even lie and you'd not be able to see any of the common tells that indicate someone is not telling the truth.

I did ask him what he meant by that - he said he will call me after he finish work.

I think you guys are right - he doe just want me just for sex and yes me not seeing other guys but he doesn't want to take the responsibility of been my BF - he want to see me when it suits him without any emotional connection and commitment.

So I have decided to cut him lose - I can't go throw this again.

I don't know why I only attract guys who only want sex from me.

I did ask him what he meant by that - he said he will call me after he finish work.

I think you guys are right - he doe just want me just for sex and yes me not seeing other guys but he doesn't want to take the responsibility of been my BF - he want to see me when it suits him without any emotional connection and commitment.

Why don't you just wait and see what he has to say after work but don't let him say it unless he is face to face... no texting. If after you talk and he "isn't ready for a relationship yet" or anything on that realm then "cut him loose."

Maybe because you sleep with them before dating. Or instead of dating.

You're worth dates. You're worth a guy picking you up (or at least, meeting you somewhere) and going somewhere in public, where you can talk and get to know one another before having sex.

Why not try that?

PS: I have a good friend who is always lamenting that she can't find a good guy. She wants marriage and babies. But, every single time she tells me she's going on a "first date", it turns out that the "date" is her going to the guy's place for sex. The first time she meets up with them she has sex with them. Of course they don't want to date her! She's proven she's not long-term girlfriend material by not even going for a gosh darned coffee date before she takes her clothes off and has sex with a guy she just met. It's not a mystery.

Archived