Looking for a Birthday present for my bf, connected to the modern tech

Angela Smith

Hi, guys

I'm quite lost as my bf is turning 29 soon and I have no idea what to get him. He is into modern technology, we have VR headset at home and he loves it! I want to gift him something sweet and personalized, connected to the technology at the same time. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I'd say if he's like most of us, he's not going to be big on sacrificing function / fun for something "sweet / personalized." If you know there is something he wants but it doesn't have his or your initials engraved on it, I'd still get that for him.

Have you asked what he would like? Is the VR headset he's got new? There are a slew of games being updated to be VR-compatible. Smart watches are kinda nichey, both in the technology itself and the styles available. If he does like them, he might not like kinda mini-iPhone aesthetic and would prefer the more contemporary look of a "normal" watch. Personally, while I'm big into tech, I'd never want a smart watch, but there's nothing wrong with them and a lot of people do love them. I'd get his feelings on it first, again, both on the tech and what style he likes.

I know asking about gift preferences takes away a bit from the surprise, but guys in general prefer utility over sentimentality. I'd ask what he wants and go from there.

^ I had thought smart watches were nichey but I love mine. I got it because it was on sale and I'm hooked.

Not saying it's a good idea for him, but I love mine.

Does he like motorcycles? I had gotten my ex a Bluetooth headset to go in to his helmet. It could play music and make calls and stuff and that was cool.

Take him to the store and watch what he gets google eyed about. Pretend it's just a normal day of shopping and you want to check something.

Gifts that have gone over well to men in my life who like tech for some ideas: GoPro, a good drone ( the super cheap ones are junk), an excellent set of headphones.

You can always attach a sappy card or make it into a treasure hunt. For tech stuff though, if you aren't sure he really wants it, you can go with a gift card to his fave store too.

^ I had thought smart watches were nichey but I love mine. I got it because it was on sale and I'm hooked.

Not saying it's a good idea for him, but I love mine.

Does he like motorcycles? I had gotten my ex a Bluetooth headset to go in to his helmet. It could play music and make calls and stuff and that was cool.

He rides a bike, so I was thinking of a bike computer.. Now I think about Bluetooth as well haha sounds like a really useful thing. I mean I can buy just an ordinary one, not for the helmet. Why it didn't come to my mind before? LOL

Take him to the store and watch what he gets google eyed about. Pretend it's just a normal day of shopping and you want to check something.

Gifts that have gone over well to men in my life who like tech for some ideas: GoPro, a good drone ( the super cheap ones are junk), an excellent set of headphones.

You can always attach a sappy card or make it into a treasure hunt. For tech stuff though, if you aren't sure he really wants it, you can go with a gift card to his fave store too.

Thanks for the suggestion, Itsallgrand He actually has a good drone and pretty cool hearphones. We were recently in a Mall and I took him around tech section, pretending I want to choose a blender. He was really excited about Apple Homekit, but damn it, its quite pricey! Other than that he didn't really look over anything else. Gift card is nice, but a bit pathetic to me, like - I really tried to find a present for you, but gave up and here you are a gift card. Find it yourself

I'd say if he's like most of us, he's not going to be big on sacrificing function / fun for something "sweet / personalized." If you know there is something he wants but it doesn't have his or your initials engraved on it, I'd still get that for him.

Have you asked what he would like? Is the VR headset he's got new? There are a slew of games being updated to be VR-compatible. Smart watches are kinda nichey, both in the technology itself and the styles available. If he does like them, he might not like kinda mini-iPhone aesthetic and would prefer the more contemporary look of a "normal" watch. Personally, while I'm big into tech, I'd never want a smart watch, but there's nothing wrong with them and a lot of people do love them. I'd get his feelings on it first, again, both on the tech and what style he likes.

I know asking about gift preferences takes away a bit from the surprise, but guys in general prefer utility over sentimentality. I'd ask what he wants and go from there.

Yeah, I know what you mean Its just he always managed to surprise me and present something that I would definitely like I want to do the same and at least try to find something, he would be amused with

Considering VR set its new, he bought it acouple of months ago. Can you recommend any cool games I can buy for him? If they are not expensive, I might buy one and just add it to the main present. Watches are not an option, as he doesn't wear an ordinary one. I'm pretty sure same would be with the smart watch.

Thanks for the suggestion, Itsallgrand He actually has a good drone and pretty cool hearphones. We were recently in a Mall and I took him around tech section, pretending I want to choose a blender. He was really excited about Apple Homekit, but damn it, its quite pricey! Other than that he didn't really look over anything else. Gift card is nice, but a bit pathetic to me, like - I really tried to find a present for you, but gave up and here you are a gift card. Find it yourself

Maybe rethink the tech gifts. Try going on ThinkGeek . Com for techy gadgets.

I would hold out until his 30th birthday for a bigger gift.

Maybe rethink the tech gifts. Try going on ThinkGeek . Com for techy gadgets.

I would hold out until his 30th birthday for a bigger gift.

Thanks for the website! They have tons of stuff my bf would love to have haha However, I really love drone idea on on hand and all those Homekit accessories on the other. I mean I can buy just one piece of the Homekit system for him and then he'll buy and more stuff if he wants, no?

Yeah, I know what you mean Its just he always managed to surprise me and present something that I would definitely like I want to do the same and at least try to find something, he would be amused with

Considering VR set its new, he bought it acouple of months ago. Can you recommend any cool games I can buy for him? If they are not expensive, I might buy one and just add it to the main present. Watches are not an option, as he doesn't wear an ordinary one. I'm pretty sure same would be with the smart watch.

What kind of games is he into? In my opinion, the safest bet would be Resident Evil 7. That was kinda the flagship for VR and it didn't disappoint. It's been a few months since it's been released, so it'll be a bit cheaper. You could probably get a new copy for under $40, a good pre-owned copy for under $30.
What kind of games is he into? In my opinion, the safest bet would be Resident Evil 7. That was kinda the flagship for VR and it didn't disappoint. It's been a few months since it's been released, so it'll be a bit cheaper. You could probably get a new copy for under $40, a good pre-owned copy for under $30.

I'm not at all into all these stuff, so if you suggest a place to buy it I would appreciate it a lot Why did you call it "the safest"? With such a price I can get 2 games! Do you know any other cool one? Thanks for your help

I found also a postcard with an augmented reality video that can be attached to it. It's Postcard Actually company. But it's not enough and his Birthday is coming on this Friday. What about those games you were talking?

Archived