Tender around ears and down neck. What's going on?

vmrhine18

Last month I started to have pain/tenderness behind and in front of my ears and also down my neck. It was a dull ache that just lingered. I did have a slight sore throat too so I went to a health clinic. She checked for strep but said that she thought it was just the average crud as its been going around. A week later I felt better. Fast forward to last week the symptoms came back. Tender around ears and lymph nodes and down neck and now aches in my arm pits and in my hands and wrists. I went to the clinic again and she said that my ears are completely filled with fluid so she told me to take Claritin everyday to dry out my sinuses and also use a nasal spray. Could that issue be causing all the other weird aches and pains?

I would seek another opinion. This could be so many things I don't think you can get that diagnosed on a public forum. I've learned if you don't satisfaction from the doctor you're seeing, see another one.

Do drink plenty of water though, nothing wrong with that and if you have allergies and are indoors with lots of dry hot air since it's winter this can only help.

But seeking another opinion may not be a bad thing at all.

How old are you? Statistics say most people, like 92% of people, have had mono by time they are 22 ish. It's highly, highly contagious and some people get it and think they have a bad cold.

I got it at 22 and had these symptoms. It's worth a blood work up because it changes your life for a month or two. Namely, no rough housing or extreme exercise because your spleen can burst.

Also, I hadn't kissed anyone before getting it. I probably got it from something stupid like sharing a drink or beer pong.

Archived