Extremely hard to read this girl I met online!!

OzSide

I've been texting this girl long distance a little bit over a week and we've been talking everyday. She gives signals that suggest she's attracted to me, but does other things that contradict this. Second day of texting I initiated talking to her, we talked back and forth at a good pace. I brought up how I like girls wearing ponytails, a bit later in the conversation, she randomly sends a (KIK realtime) pic of herself wearing a ponytail. During the same conversation I casually mention I like tummies, and a bit later while during a unrelated topic, she sends pics of her tummy. At this point, I could take this as she's attracted to me, or that she's an attention seeker. Then the next day I try to see if she'll initiate texting me, I cave in real late in the evening and text her first, sure enough we talk back and forth at a decent pace, she even responds to my texts that don't need a response (such as 'mhm' or simply when I text an emoji). She also asks me things, she wonders 'why?' to this and that. This makes me believe she's not an attention seeker, she seems curious about me, keeps the conversation going. She's even opened up to me about some very personal issues. Though, she never has initiated the first text of the day even when I wait real late to text her. I've read that this could be due to her liking guys chasing her, and/or she's shy and doesn't want to text at a wrong time and be vulnerable. Though I can't help but worry that she still hasn't initiated after all this rapport. So last night I tried to do a bit of action role play, for example: *I poke your side* kinda stuff (which she usually goes along with in a semi-flirty way). So I say 'how 'bout some cuddles?' and she playfully says 'noooooooooo' and right after she talks about a guy that thought she liked him, when she really DIDN'T like him in return. So I instantly assumed she was trying to communicate something along the lines of 'hey look, I don't want you to get the wrong idea'. So I continued the conversation asking about past relationships, yada yada. I asked her if guys have mistaken her for liking them before, and she said there has, but said she didn't want to lead them on and told them she didn't like them that way. I said 'ahhh ok, cause I was curious if you were being nice or had some attraction toward me' and she said 'lol' 'who knows?' So there's this part of me that thinks she may be an attention seeker, or is leading me on for fun, or she just likes talking to anybody that likes talking to her, but another part of me thinks she actually likes me in that way. Any thoughts???

Did you not like the answers you got on your other thread?

I thought that maybe people in a long distance frame of mind could give different input. I guess I would delete this thread, if I could. No one will respond to it now anyway. Apologies.

Archived