What should I do next?

artsygirl

I'm really unsure about which forum category to post this under so I'll just go with this one as it sort of fits in with the whole 'too shy' and wanting to get to know a person more category.

I am currently at university/college and living in student accommodation. Everyone on my floor interacts and gets on really well and we're often all going on nights out together. Occasionally some us have friends who visit who go on these nights out with us. I'm not normally one to go clubbing but do go on the odd occasion. Normally I'm too tired after a full day of work on the weekend but this particular week I'd booked it off for no particular reason so I was up for going out with everyone. This weekend one of the guys on the floor had some friends come to visit and as we live away from home to attend university, our hometowns are just coincidentally close. They were having pre-drinks in his flat and as this was a relatively big night out as there were a lot of us going, we propped the doors to all out flats open so we could just walk in and out as we pleased. I decided to venture into this flat where the guy and all his friends were and was quickly introduced to them. I began chatting with a few of them and eventually came across the person who this story is about. Just so I'm not referring to him repeatedly as 'one of the friends', I'll call him Joe- that's not his actual name. Joe and I began talking more than the others and as the time went on, he started showing more interest to me and this is more so a 'like' interest, so it wasn't as if he spent the entire time looking at my body or being lustful like that. As the club we were all going to was within walking distance, we all walked it there. As there were so many of us, some left earlier than others did, but either way, myself, Joe and about 6-7 other people all left at the same time. Some of these people were a little drunk and they walked together a distance behind us. Joe and I walked together and it was at this point where he started showing more interest towards me, making suggestions that we 'meet up' back home and go out for a drink together, stuff like that. We queued together and continued to talk and essentially be more flirty with each other now. Basically I could see he was interested but the way he was interested wasn't obvious as if he was after sex, he was genuinely a nice guy. I asked him about girls at his uni and he replied saying he wanted someone who was 'real'. As we approached the front of the queue, it got split off into two so people could get in twice as quick. Joe and I got separated at this point and ended up going into the club at different times. I stayed with some of the other drunk friends who were queuing with us.

When we got into the club we went to the bar at the back and Joe and I were soon reunited again. As I said, there was a large group of us out that night and the club was pretty packed so we naturally got separated from other people. Joe and his friends were queuing for drinks and he bought me one. I offered him money but he declined it. I wasn't drunk and knew completely what was going on around me and who I was with. I couldn't really see any of my uni friends anywhere so I said to Joe that I'd stay with him so I didn't lose anymore people. He replied with 'I'm not complaining'. I decided then to ask for his number as I was beginning to feel a bit of interest towards him. He put his number in my phone. We then decided to go out onto the dancefloor just the two of us. We went through the crowd and just sort of began dancing to the music in the limited space we had. As the club filled up even more, the crowded dancefloor began forcing us physically closer together. Joe then made his move and kissed me. We were out on the dancefloor together for about half an hour and we continuously kissed each other. We then decided to go back and find some more of the friends. We found them elsewhere on the dancefloor and stayed with them. It was getting too crowded and hot at that point and I was starting to get a bit of a headache so I said to him that I was gonna head back. He then asked if he could come back with me so I said yes. Long story short, we went back to my room and hooked up. By the time this had ended, his friends had left the club and were calling and texting him asking where he was. He said he was gonna meet with them and find them. He sort of awkwardly hugged me as he left and I haven't seen him since.

I added him on Facebook and he accepted my friend request and one day I just spur of the moment decided to text him just to let him know I had his number and that this was mine. He replied to this saying 'Hey, how are you?'. I responded and said I was good and asked how he was. He read it and never responded. I didn't send any second message to prompt a reply and just left it. We haven't spoken after that brief exchange and I'd really like to. This 'nice guy' personality certainly wasn't an act to get into my pants or anything, he is a genuinely nice guy and his friends who I go to uni with maintain that as they've obviously known him longer. They obviously know we hooked up and they do take the piss from time to time about it.

I'd really like to talk to him and meet up again to get to know him as a person as we really did hit it off and he did seem really interested. I feel as if it would be weird to message him again but I otherwise wouldn't know what to do in order for us to meet up if he'd be willing to. Maybe I'm just massively overthinking and should let it go but if he's had second thoughts after having sex then I think that's a shame because we seemed to get along really really well. And like I said, he wasn't acting like a nice guy just to get in my pants, that's genuinely who he is. I don't know if he's shy or awkward over text but I'm too shy and scared to message him. I just wanted to know any other opinions about what I should do.

Nice guys enjoy one night stands, too. It doesn't sound like he misled you in any way, so he'd naturally assume you're a big girl and wouldn't have random sex if you didn't want to.

Feel free to ask him out again if you'd like, but keep your expectations grounded. People who hook up typically aren't looking to get into a relationship at that time, but I suppose it does happen.

Thanks for your reply j.man. I guess I'm too nervous to contact him again and not receive a reply- that would just make me feel really embarrassed and desperate! I may contact him in summer when we're both home from university and see what happens. If I do go ahead with anything I'll post an update on the thread

Archived