Boyfriend who's 16 dumped me and found 21 year old

LanaDelRay16

So me and my boyfriend were dating for 1 year and 6 months and he honestly was the sweetest guy to me. We bother were in love with each other but overall he decided to leave me because we would always argue all the time and apparently he didn't like how he was being treated and didn't want our relationship to continue. He broke up with me on his birthday and it just tore my heart. 2 days after our break up a 21 year old asked him out to be her boyfriend and he said yes. Apparently this girl has the most amazing personality... And he looks at her just like he did at me when we first dated. Now he won't even talk to me much and says we should be friends but if they ever break up we can try to date again. He honestly made me the happiest and at first everything was going fine but then I started to lash out on him and then I lost him. I wish I could go back and change what I did. But now he doesn't like me and I'm scared he'll invest all of the emotions he had for me into her. He's only 16 and the girl he's dating is 21 and on the first date (2 days ago after breaking up with me) they already kissed. And it just hurts me. I knew about this girl when we were dating but she was nothing more than a friend to him. I want him back and I can't move on. This girl hasn't ever had a relationship, and my ex bf likes her a lot. How long do you think they'll last. Just please answer the last question as well... And I feel like if I ever get back with him, he just won't like me as much as her.

sooo, you want him back because you lost him to another girl or because you love to argue? From the sound of it the relationship was doomed with or without this new girl.

Why dont you just find someone else that you are more compatable with?

Now he won't even talk to me much and says we should be friends but if they ever break up we can try to date again.

This sentence is alone is enough to make you run. What he's basically saying is, he wants to get what he can out of her but he'll come running back to you when it goes sour with her. But that he doesn't like you enough to choose you over her.

That boy is honestly not worth your time and energy. He's another one of those guys counting the knobs on the bed post. How many women can he pull and which ones does he choose to string along or put out to pasture? He doesn't give a damn about your feelings and he never will, I'm sorry. You don't need some guy like that, enjoy single life and one day you'll meet someone who wants you as his first and only choice.

I want him back because I miss all the times we had together and he told me that he just wants a fresh start and that I should get over him. But I don't know why it's so hard. It's so hard seeing someone love you so much and it just all fade away within a short period. He won't admit that he still likes me and won't even talk much about dating.

Its familiarity you want. Its easy and not scary because you know him already. Being single perhaps scares you that you would rather be in a bad situation with someone than being in a better situation without him.

You want the fantasy of him being a great boyfriend. Im going to tell you that he is not going to be that fantasy boyfriend you want. He is a player and will continue to seek the affection of others (even if you were together) You deserve better than that.

Dont be afraid to say its over, you dont need him and dont be afraid of being single. Being single is a good thing...

Do you guys think i should ever try the relationship again?

Listen to Laurenzo's advice. Let this guy go and find someone else. In fact I would let his parents know that he's seeing a 21 year old woman. No sane parent would be happy about that.

It doesn't matter.

Cut him from your life and just stop trying to calculate what will happen in his.

I personally didn't think that their relationship was illegal because 16 is the age of consent? But that could just be because I'm from the UK?

In any case it isn't really your concern now. He left and you can move on with your life onto bigger and better things

He maybe at the age of consent depending on what area he lives in (in California, it's 18 ). However, he is still a minor in the eyes of the law. He can legally date someone who is at least 4 years older than him. Sorry, 21 is too high. I started teaching 16-17 year old high school students at 21 and there was NO WAY in hell I would bother getting in a relationship with a student. And honestly... I wouldn't be dating a high school student since I couldn't drink with one.

also age is a number

Not if it involves a child.

Archived