I feel like I'm trapped!

Harriet92

Hi, I don't really know if anyone can help me but I'm wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation, I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we have a little boy. My partner has severe anger issues and is constantly screaming at me and making me feel completely worthless, this is because he works and im a stay at home mum. He says things like I'm a worthless piece of s*** and I'm not worth anything, and when he really angry he throws things at me and screams so close to

My face that his spitting at me. Part of me thinks I should leave him, but I feel so trapped because I have no money and nowhere to go, my family can't take me in and I can't drive so I am literally trapped, if I leave I'm not going to have the money to put a roof over my sons head or feed him. And don't get me wrong when my partner is nice his lovely, but that can change so quickly.. I just don't know where to turn and if I can get help anywhere. Any advice or experience would be much appreciated x

Not really. It's more like he can be okay... Normal if you like.. And then something small, really small that I say can just make him flip, then he will go into a rage and scream and then calm down after a while and act normal again.. I wouldn't say he goes like happy to sad though, just angry x

Have you try women's shelters in your area? Womens shelter (in my city) offers safe and temporary housing for women (and their children) in abusive relationships/marriage

I'm sure if you look around you should be able to find services that would be provided to you.

Abuse is abuse and sadly it escalates as he feels the need to inflict more control over you. The safety of you and your child is at risk. When you fear your safety , you no longer have a choice

Find a women's shelter and get yourself and son safely in there. They will know how to contact social service agencies that can help you get on your feet. You may end up on welfare for a while but that'd be better than living with that guy. Your son will learn how to treat women by watching what his father does. Surely you dont want that to happen. You both deserve better.

Where in the UK are you? Try and speak to your GP if you need some face to face advice, they can be really helpful as they can put you in touch with services you might not think of yourself etc.

Please try and get yourself away from this man. It's our bad side that defines us, I think, and this guy's bad side sounds really really scary.

I think talking to your GP is a great idea. If your SO is jealous/insecure, he may go through your computer and look at your recent sites visited. Be sure to erase your browser history as well. Your GP can also hook you up wit a social worker, if he/she has one, and they can help you further.

I normally tell SAHMs to take some time, get their financial ducks in a row, maybe get a certificate done so they can work a job after the split, but this guy is being physically threatening and sounds dangerous. You need to get out.

Archived